Swedish Characters using lcdproc for 634?

eldrol

Hi guys, my first post ever in this forum.... :)

I have however been a regular visitor for a long time reading up on my 634 display.

I've got a 634 4x20 USB LCD (actually two, just bought the blue one to match the rest of my stereo equipment :p )

I use it in my HTPC running FC2 with Freevo 1.5.0 and lcdproc 0.4.5. I'm a Linux newbie, I know some basic stuff and can follow instrctions but I do get a lot of help from my friends who are avid Linux hackers.

The problem I have is that whenever there are any swedish characters (Å,Ä,Ö,å,ä,ö) the 634 displays something else. When looking at the CGROM table it's clear that the swedish character set ASCII codes and the CGROM codes do not match.

So, my question, HOW do I set it up to replace the û í etc with correct characters?!
Looking for additional LCD resources? Check out our LCD blog for the latest developments in LCD technology.

CF Tech

Administrator
The software you are using would need to have a translation table created that would map the "PC/Windows" codes for those characters to the correct characters in the LCD module's CGROM.

What software are you using?

USB LCD Displays - Graphic and Character LCDs with a Keypad

CF Tech

Administrator
You would have to write the LCDproc list or the Freevo author to try to find a solution.

I almost think LCDproc has a mapping function in it, so it may be as easy as modifying a table that already exists. But if I am remembering correctly and what table to edit would probably be worked out through the LCDproc list anyway.

eldrol

Ok, off to another forum then...

Thanks anyway for a great product, the blue one is now up and running in my HTPC and the green one is on my desk at work people to enjoy and hopfully buy... :p