starting to use my CFAG12864

dodge55

I hooked up my sample display today and started to issue a few test commands to see if I could get valid 'read status'. I am getting some results I don't understand. Maybe someone can help.

I strobed RESET, waited 1 second and got a status of 0x20 - cool. (Display OFF)

I turned the Display on (E = 1, DI and RW = 0, Data = 0x3F), waited 2 seconds and got a status of 0x10 - not cool (RESET bit set).

Then, I turned the Display OFF (E = 1, DI and RW = 0, Data = 0x3E), waited 2 seconds and got a status of 0x00 - not cool (still OFF)

Also, I am not currently (in this test) waiting for particular bits to go low or high (BUSY, RESET, etc.), but rather waiting an unusually long time instead.

Any ideas why the status is not working correctly in this simple case?

Thanks,

Sutton
Looking for additional LCD resources? Check out our LCD blog for the latest developments in LCD technology.

CF Tech

Administrator
Unfortunately the "PC" demo code we post does not read the status either.

What processor are you using? I may have something I can release.

dodge55

Re: CFAG12864

I'm using a Philips ARM LPC2148 in an embedded application. I am simply tieing some unused ports to the display for easy reading and writing of data.

Sutton

dodge55

Almost got my CFAG12864B-TMI-V working

I gotten everything but the READ_DISPLAY command to work properly. Is there a code snippet that shows this 'dummy read' that needs to be done? I have done a WRITE_DISPLAY (which turns a column on), and reset the Y address back one, and I cannot get the proper result (always reads 00, instead of FF). Under READ_DISPLAY, the 'refer to the explanation of output register in "Function of each Block"' is a mystery in the 'datasheet'.

Sutton