Stabilize RPM Display

Ringo Kid

Is there a way to stabilize the fan RPM display coming off the SCAB? It'd be nice to display a steady 1785 RPM even though the readings are fluctuating from 1769-1802 RPM.

I can see where the problem originates. The fan is accelerating (PWM) while reading the tachometer and the only time it wouldn't be accelerating is when it's at 100%.
Looking for additional LCD resources? Check out our LCD blog for the latest developments in LCD technology.

CF Tech

Administrator
If you put the fan at 100%, does the RPM reading go rock solid? A slight variation is pretty common in my experience. (Hmmm, which is always with our modules. . . )

CF Mark

Administrator
The fan readings and fan control are already averaged out over time.
They could have been smoothed out further, but it would then have started to compromise fan speed reaction times too much.

Ringo Kid

When I'm at 100% power it'll fluctuate a little but not like it does at 40%. Fan size is going to make a big difference as well. The larger fans will have more inertia than my 80 MM fans do. My RPMs fluctuate by 30-40 RPM.

Maybe in the future, there could be some type of factor that could be entered to tweak the sensitivity for a given fan.