Setting font size - CFAG240128LYYHTZ

mare

Hello,

I have CFAG240128LYYHTZ module. Display was in a device working for more than 1 year. All of the sudden, I realized that there are 6x8 fonts on the screen. I have pin 19 and 20 (FS,MD2) set to low which is for 32 columns & 8x8 fonts. I tried connecting FS and MD2 to 5V, but I get nothing on the screen. Is there some other hack I can try on the display itself? Wiring is 100% correct, I tried 2nd display (identical) and fonts are 8x8. Something went wrong and I don't know what. Can anyone suggest a solution?

Thanks!

Mare
Looking for additional LCD resources? Check out our LCD blog for the latest developments in LCD technology.

CF Support2

Administrator
Sorry about the delay - long holiday weekend for us.

We are setting the module up on one of our dev boards to see if we can recreate your issue. May take a day or two to get it taken care of along side everything else. We'll post and update as soon as we can.

CF Support

Administrator
Mare:

Thank you for your patience.

It sounds like the display controller may have been damaged (ESD, power surge, etc.) as this behavior is not per the function of those pins.

It sounds like the module may be out of warranty, but if you'd like to pursue an RMA please send an email to support@crystalfontz.com and we will offer assistance to that end.

You can also submit an RMA through our online request form here:

http://www.crystalfontz.com/rma.php

mare

Is it possible to replace the controller manually? Where exactly on the module is it located? (T6963C)

Thanks.

CF Support

Administrator
The controller on that particular module is a RAiO RA6963, which unfortunately is COB, and wire bonded underneath one of the epoxy 'blobs' on the back of the board, so replacing the controller is unlikely.