Serious Issues with MS Signed Driver

BrightShadow

I did a windows update yesterday, and it offered me a driver update for my Crystalfontz LCD. I was weary, but it identified it correctly so I let it go ahead. As soon as it installed my system rebooted from a half second blue screen. Now whenever I plug it in, it restarts my machine. All I can remember is that the driver was from March of 2007. I need to replace that driver some how, or something. So if someone can email me a solution, or post it here, that would really make me feel better (i really miss my nice blue display).

I installed the new signed driver from windows update, and since then (and the moment after the install), when I plug my 635 into my computer system it blue screens and restarts immediately (while windows is logging in). I have tried reinstalling the older driver, I have tried different USB ports, I have tried reinstalling CC2, I have tried uninstalling and then reinstalling the older driver, I have tried to delete reg keys (wouldn't let me actually, the particular keys were always in use apparently), I have tried it all. Now if I try to setup a new 635, it crashes CC2 to a blue screen and instant restart.

Please! help me undo exactly what those drivers did, or somehow release ones that will overwrite the current signed version! I beg you!

A sad LCD user (I miss my LEDs!),
-Bright Shadow
Looking for additional LCD resources? Check out our LCD blog for the latest developments in LCD technology.

CF Tech

Administrator
I have CF Support looking at this.

We are working on getting signed drivers through the system, but to our knowledge none of the drivers are set for distribution.

Can you let me know what version of Windows are you using?

BrightShadow

I'm running XP Pro. Not the 64 bit version or anything special. If you can figure out what changes it makes, and offer a way of removing said files, I would be quite happy lol.

-Bright Shadow

BrightShadow

OK so I have finally had enough time to try out some more things with the LCD, and I was able to get the older drivers back on there, and now I can have it plugged in, and lit up to the default screen. However I have another problem now, when I go to add a 635 to the list of screens, CC2 crashes.

I am using the latest version (xmas), and I have gone though a complete uninstall (with restart), with a fresh new install (with restart), and theres no change. Any suggestions?

-Bright Shadow

P.S: I'll upload the logs if you want, but im not sure how on this forum yet.

CF Tech

Administrator
Well, we did confirm that MS update is distributing our signed driver. We tried it on a fresh XP machine, and on an XP laptop that had yet to have a a display plugged into it. The good news is that the driver seems to work fine in those two applications. The odd news is that according to the control panel on MS driver signing site where we enable drivers to be active shows no drivers active at all.

I tried a fresh Home Premium Vista laptop, but it does not seem to be able to find the drivers on the initial install.

CF Mark

Administrator
I am using the latest version (xmas), and I have gone though a complete uninstall (with restart), with a fresh new install (with restart), and theres no change. Any suggestions?

P.S: I'll upload the logs if you want, but im not sure how on this forum yet.
The forums are not behaving properly at the moment, so its probably not a good idea to try to attach any files.

I'll reply again in here when the forums are fixed, and then I'll help you with the CC2 problem.

Madness

I've tried both the signed and the unofficial drivers (yes I did follow the instructions to the letter on the latter). They work....for awhile. The problem is that either causes the display to shut itself down after about two hours or so. It just goes dead! I had to put the original one's back in. XP Home box.