Serial Connection to CFA 633

Martinm210

Hello,
I bought a used CFA633 TC-KS-DP2006 unit and trying to get it to communicate with the yellow serial port on my 680i motherboard.

I bought the WR232Y22 cable which has plugs with standard or alternate, but neither of these produce a connection.

When the power is connected to the LCD, it says "WANJet ))) Starting", but does not respond.

I've tried both serial ribbon cable ends and it doesn't seem to get any sort of connection response.

This is what my Com1 port settings are, I have no idea what they should be, but I changed the speed from 9699 to 19200, but no luck:

Any thoughts or suggestions?

How can I tell if I should use standard or alternate, my motherboard serial port has a P1 that I connected the red wire side to, but there arn't any other details from the manual that indicates any more about the serial connection.
Looking for additional LCD resources? Check out our LCD blog for the latest developments in LCD technology.

Attachments

CF Tech

Administrator
You do not need to worry about the baud rate in windows, WinTest overrides it.

It could be that the original purchaser of that module changed the configuration or somehow damaged it.

I assume by "yellow serial port" you mean one with pins on the inside of the motherboard, not the DB-9 on the back. If so, that port is usually COM2--the DB-9 on the back is typically COM1. How many ports does WinTest show in the drop-down (it should match device manager)? If there is only one port shown in WinTest, the on-board port may be disabled in the BIOS.

USB LCD Displays - Graphic and Character LCDs with a Keypad

Martinm210

You do not need to worry about the baud rate in windows, WinTest overrides it.

It could be that the original purchaser of that module changed the configuration or somehow damaged it.

I assume by "yellow serial port" you mean one with pins on the inside of the motherboard, not the DB-9 on the back. If so, that port is usually COM2--the DB-9 on the back is typically COM1. How many ports does WinTest show in the drop-down (it should match device manager)? If there is only one port shown in WinTest, the on-board port may be disabled in the BIOS.
Thanks,
I switched the port in my "Advanced" port settings to COM2 and also reversed the cable so the alternate cable is plugged into the motherboard and regular end is plugged into the CFA and it's all working now..:D

Not sure if it was the cable or the com port switching, but one of the two did the trick.

Previously it was only showing one com port "Com1", now it's showing "Com2"

Off and running, Thank You!!!