serial 634 backlight works, but nothing else.

CrazyLittle

I've got everything plugged in as documented, with power coming from a molex connector, and a straight through serial
cable. Wintest and CrystalCommand turn the backlight on, but I can't see any characters, and any attempts to change
contrast and brightness seem to have no effect. There's no boot screen either.
Looking for additional LCD resources? Check out our LCD blog for the latest developments in LCD technology.

Joaquin

I am not too familar with the serial models cuz I have USB but do you have your com ports and baud rates set properly?

CrazyLittle

Plugged in to com1, serial port's setup standard in BIOS, Win2k has the serial port setup to 9600 baud, 8-n-1, and I set the CF test program to the same, com1, 9600, 8-n-1, and set the dip switches on the back of the LCD at 9600 as well.

Joaquin

A few things to think about...

What kind of mobo are you using and does it have any onboard components that would grab COM1 like an internal modem.

What kind of serial cable are you using to get to the modem? I ask cuz the illumination and actual display are controlled by two different circuits. Which may explain no boot screen or the ability to control the contrast.

CrazyLittle

I'm using an Epox 8KHA+, which has none of those onboard components. As for the serial cable, I've got two of them. 1) a standard belkin straight through 2) a DB9 male to DB9 Female ribbon cable, also wired straight through.

From what I've read in the manuals, etc... The backlight draws power from the molex connector, and the rest of the LCD draws power from the RTS/DTS lines going to high when you access that com port. So the LCD (does) seem to turn on when I run the program (The backlight turns on) but no characters show up on the screen.

Joaquin

I would get on the horn to CF Support and aske them to help you validate your EEPROM and make sure it is not corrupted.

USB LCD Displays - Graphic and Character LCDs with a Keypad