screen editor release date

reider

dhallag said:
is there any estimate of when the screen editor will be availabe?
No details as yet, but if you need any custom screens in the meantime I`m sure we have enough volunteers to cater to your needs. Within the CC2\User Screens forum is a thread for screen requests.

The screen editor will appear in the fullness of time, but this doesn`t stop us making your CC2 experience a whole better one now.

Steve

dhallag

thanks for your message - this version has the capability of being the best lcd software out there (jaLCD is currently the best); however, just somewhat frustrating that the editor is not released -- personally, I have a hard time asking others to do something that is very specific to my needs, not to mention that it would take a few itterations to get the look of each screen correct.

I hope it doesn't take long for the editor to come out and I hope it will included screen jumping (having my winamp screens up with no winamp playing really defeats the purpose of having a LCD screen).

D

reider

dhallag said:
thanks for your message - this version has the capability of being the best lcd software out there (jaLCD is currently the best); however, just somewhat frustrating that the editor is not released -- personally, I have a hard time asking others to do something that is very specific to my needs, not to mention that it would take a few itterations to get the look of each screen correct.

I hope it doesn't take long for the editor to come out and I hope it will included screen jumping (having my winamp screens up with no winamp playing really defeats the purpose of having a LCD screen).

D
Screen jumping or 'skip' is certainly a part of the future. However, with a little work on your part you could embrace it now if you wish.

This is the skip routine

[m00-s02-event00]
if_type=1
if=1001136639
cond=0
to=0
do_type=9
do=1

Insert this section in each winamp screen within your cc2_service.ini, just after the screen section. Save the cc2_service.ini, restart CC2 and the Winamp screens should vanish. Start Winamp and the screens will reappear. Magic!

Here is an example screen with 'skip' in place, in bold. You would need to adjust the m00 number to suit your module number, just match it to the rest of your screen numbers. Likewise, the S02 is the screen number and if you have 14 screens in place then add this it would be s15. If you are just adding the skip routine to present screens then that would be the only bit to adjust for module and screen numbers. CC2 sulks if these get out of sequence ;)

#----- WA Spectrum Anyl -------------
[m00-s02]
screen_name="WA Spectrum Anyl"
options=0
alt_delay=10000

[m00-s02-event00]
if_type=1
if=1001136639
cond=0
to=0
do_type=9
do=1