SCAB temp screen in F?

Grentz

Well i got my outside monitor setup (one of my temp probes out the window :) ) and I am looking for a way to display it in F.

I like the Max Min Current that JC made, but it is in C instead of F.

Thanks,
Grentz
Looking for additional LCD resources? Check out our LCD blog for the latest developments in LCD technology.

Grentz

Also, just though of this, is there a way to display the temp on my other 634 screen also being controlled by CC2?

Thanks,
Grentz

jc634

Administrator
Well i got my outside monitor setup (one of my temp probes out the window :) ) and I am looking for a way to display it in F.

I like the Max Min Current that JC made, but it is in C instead of F.

Thanks,
Grentz
I'm no sure if anyone ever asked. C is soooo standard in computer temp readings. CCadmin would have to answer, since I see no option to change in CC2.

You could use the calc plug-in to convert, if you really need to.

jc634

Administrator
Also, just though of this, is there a way to display the temp on my other 634 screen also being controlled by CC2?

Thanks,
Grentz
Quite frankly, I'm not sure how to program with text file screens. When the GUI is released, the easy answer is YES!

Grentz

ok, thanks for the replies.

Ya, i know C is standard, but in the 635 test you actually can use F as well :)

So maybe it could be an easy option.

I did think about doing a conversion, i just do not know how to write it, i might have to look at your guide a bit more and see if i can figure something out :cool:

EDIT: Found the Calc ini that somewhat explains how to use it, but I am still confused on it a bit and my trial and error just resulted in error :p

BTW, for those interested, the easy conversion from C to F is C*1.8/32=F

Last edited:

jc634

Administrator
Yea, the calc plugin was written after I wrote the manual, so no info there.:(

A conversion can be done. It will take some time for me. Actually, I'll have to see how feasible that would be. Perhaps tomorrow night???

JC

Grentz

I wasn't even asking for you to do it, but if you could that would be awesome (please though, do it only if you want/have free time).

Thanks JC!

For me it is tough as I am good with PCs (its what I do all day long), but I am not the best coder out there. I love all the power in CC2 I am just trying to find how to use it and I keep getting E01 :p

Grentz

Also sorta wierd, the Temp just dropped below 0C here, and now it shows 4087 for the temperature....also wierd as I tried the 635 test program and it shows the proper temp (-1C).

jc634

Administrator
Hmm, I would have to search, but I *think* that there might have been (is) a problem with CC2 and readings outside a certain range.

Don't quote me on that tho; my memory sucks anymore...:p

JC

jc634

Administrator
Attached is an updated min/max screen. Besides some cleanup that I have done for my own use, I have added 1 conversion for the 1st MIN temperature.

When you peruse the file, notice the CALC items I added. This would have to be repeated for each variable (total of 6), which would require 12 total calc steps.

Changing the BG screen would be essentially the same, except you would have to put the calculated values inside the BG code, also.

Confused? Tedious work, but doable...

Questions. I should be around.:)

JC

Attachments

Grentz

Thanks for your work. Can you reupload the file? When i download the zip and try to extract it it says invalid and in WinRAR it says it is damaged.

Thanks,
Grentz

jc634

Administrator
Thanks for your work. Can you reupload the file? When i download the zip and try to extract it it says invalid and in WinRAR it says it is damaged.

Thanks,
Grentz

Don't use IE. Use Firefox or other. This is a problem with IE and the CF site. Obviously, they need to fix.

I downloaded with IE: corrupt file

I downloaded with Firefox: good file

Grentz

Hrm, wierd.

Just downloaded it and it did work via Firefox :)

I have to go work for a bit, but hopefully later i can play around with it and see what you have done!

Hopefully there is a way to get CC2 to report temps out of that range as well as I need to be able to go below 0C (32F) as I am in MN :eek:

Thanks,
Grentz

jc634

Administrator
Hrm, wierd.

Just downloaded it and it did work via Firefox :)

I have to go work for a bit, but hopefully later i can play around with it and see what you have done!

Hopefully there is a way to get CC2 to report temps out of that range as well as I need to be able to go below 0C (32F) as I am in MN :eek:

Thanks,
Grentz
OK, I'm confused. TechIsland.com with a Palmtree... And you're in Minnesota??? Wishful thinking???:D

I was just there a few weeks ago for the Iowa/Minnesota game. Iowa really sucks this year!:(

Send CCadmin a PM regarding temps. Perhaps he can diagnose/explain better than me.

JC

Grentz

Ya, i know, a bit ironic :D

But i love the tropics and it is Tech Islands so i went for the island theme :)

I just went through the module you made quickly and it looks great. I whipped up a modified version (now that i know how to use the calc function (i am good at modifying things once i see an example of how it is done)). Now the only issue is the temps showing in the thousands :p I will send CCadmin a PM tonight about it as you suggested.

The module i made works great as well. It is setup as this (i moved some things around and centered a few things):

Code:
   Current Outside
     Temperature
       ->7387F
   \/7387F /\7387F
(and it uses the actual arrows, just i cannot type them on here easily and I do not have my camera handy :p )

Thanks for all the help JC!

Grentz

So this is wierd, now I updated to the new CC2, tried to load the screen file. It loads, but now the temp is way to high.

Right now it is reading 107F when currently it is 2.33C actually.

I also cannot seem to figure out how to do calculations using the screen editor (dont think its possible yet).

Any ideas?

jc634

Administrator
hmmm. After looking at my files, it appears that I had brain f*** while making the screen.:eek: Attached is a new zip file which contains new 631, 633, and 635 versions.

Please try these and verify that you getting correct conversions.

BTW, the calc plugin is currently not part of the GUI version.:(

JC

Attachments

Grentz

Awesome, it works perfectly!

Now i just wish there was a way to display it in F on my second 634 as well, but since there is no calc in the GUI i do not think it is possible right now.