SCAB temp probe order

erikt

Hi,
Just got my SCAB to work with my 631 a few days ago, and put it together last night. I installed CC2 and gave it a go.

One quick question: What is the ordering of the temp probes in CC2? The hand on the probe method isn't going to work for me, I've got the probes in some hard to reach places. I know what order I hooked them up, but it doesn't seem to match the order displayed in CC2.

Thanks in advance.
Erik
Looking for additional LCD resources? Check out our LCD blog for the latest developments in LCD technology.

jc634

Administrator
I assume that you can get to the connections?

What I do is to mount the probes on the surfaces that I want them on; plug the 1st one in; find out which probe this is in CC2; plug the next probe in and repeat.

Jim

erikt

Yes, no problem getting connections and temperature readings. I'm just not positive which one is which. Can the probes be hot-plugged/unplugged without causing problems?

The screen shows a Sensor Number from 0 to 3, I was guessing that these numbers go in the same order that the sensors are daisy-chained. Is my guess correct, and if so, is 0 the sensor connected directly to the SCAB? or is this number 3?

Thanks,
Erik

CF Mark

Administrator
Yes, no problem getting connections and temperature readings. I'm just not positive which one is which. Can the probes be hot-plugged/unplugged without causing problems?
Yes, they can be hot plugged in and unplugged.

The screen shows a Sensor Number from 0 to 3, I was guessing that these numbers go in the same order that the sensors are daisy-chained. Is my guess correct, and if so, is 0 the sensor connected directly to the SCAB? or is this number 3?
They are not in the same order as the daisy-chain.
The order is determined by the unique ID number that it stored inside the senors themselves.
This unique number is set during manufacture of the sensors and cant be changed.

erikt

Thanks! I figured out which was which using the plug/unplug method, as recommended.
Erik

Last edited: