SCAB Module w/40mm Fans

ScottishCaptain

Greetings to all!

I was just wondering. Does anyone have any details on the SCAB modules for the 635 USB LCD's? In particular, I am building a very small server which requires the use of several high-speed 40mm Delta fans (16cm, 9500RPM).

There are 2 fans to cool the motherboard and an additional 2 fans to cool the 15K RPM Drive. The entire rig is stuck in a 6 inch Cube, and houses a Pentium-M 1.1ghz unit with 1gb RAM.

I need something to control the fans, since the unit runs fairly cool when it is idling (the drive spins down). Naturally the fans sound like a dremel when they hit 9500RPM * 4. They draw 0.16 Amps/peice.

Would the SCAB board be able to handle 4 of these little beasts, controlling each individually, from around 20%-100%?

I should hope that the board doesn't pull the power off the USB bus, but I'd think that goes w/out saying.

Thanks!
Looking for additional LCD resources? Check out our LCD blog for the latest developments in LCD technology.

CF Tech

Administrator
Yes, the SCAB should be able to handle the fans with no problems.

The specs of the CFA-635 + SCAB (as far as the fan control goes) are the same as the CFA-633 which is rated at 1A per fan connector.

USB LCD Displays - Graphic and Character LCDs with a Keypad