RSS Feed doesn't work anymore with 631

dreamy1

Hello,

after complete deinstalling the last CC2 and installing the newest CC2 software, the RSS Wheater Feed doesn't work anymore (before updating, everything worked fine). All I see, is the E01 message on the display.

I am not sure if the places of the jdg_rss.ini and the equivalent .dll file are on the same structure as in the last CC2 version or if a modification is needed to get it working.

Has anyone an idea or can explain me step-by-step what i have to do ?

Thank you in advance and big sorry for my english !

Best regards,
Stefan
Looking for additional LCD resources? Check out our LCD blog for the latest developments in LCD technology.

CF Mark

Administrator
Jdg_rss was removed from CC2 as its un-maintaned and the textfile2 plugin can perform the same functions.

Older screens that use jdg_rss, as you have found, will now not work though due to the missing plugin.

Easiest fix will be just to copy the old jdg_rss plugin back into the CrystalControl2 directoy.

Its attached.

Attachments

dreamy1

Hello,

thanks a lot for the quick answer !

But it doesn't work. I only get the E01 message. Have i do something else (i only copied your file into the main directory of CC2) ? Have i something to do with the text plugin ?

Can you post a step-by-step instruction to get the jdg RSS weather feed working with CC2 ? And what is the CC2 structure to handle the .ini, .dll files, where have they to be found (i have them in the cc2_service, cc2_config folder in in the main directory) ?

Thank you in advance !

Best regards,
Stefan

jc634

Administrator
Hi,

I wrote the screens you are trying to get to work. Since the jdg plugin is no longer being updated, I would suggest that you download the regexp version from here .

Rexexp is now an integral part of CC2, hence will be updated as time goes by. As the regexp version (screen output) is identical to the jdg version, all you have to do is edit the screen file for your location.

Jim

dreamy1

Hi Jim,

this was helpful - it works !!!!!!

Thank you very much for your quick reply !

Best regards,
Stefan