Request: help converting CC1 screens to CC2

britonk

Original title: Crystal control 2 screens

Hey,

Crystal control 2 is comming along nicley! I am pleased to see you can now change screens using the buttons on the module itself and the little control panel when you click on the CC logo in the system tray is a nice touch!

The ONLY reason I am still using the orig crystal control now is I can't get the screens I want on CC2. I have attached the ones I use in normal CC can anyone write these for CC2?

The data in "sysstate" is gained from motherboard monitor.

Cheers....
Looking for additional LCD resources? Check out our LCD blog for the latest developments in LCD technology.

Attachments

jc634

Administrator
I have 2 of the your 3 screens converted. The 3rd is almost done (I do not MBM on my system, so it might be a slight bit of a blind screen to debug).

I have 3 basketball games to go to today, so unless someone beats me to it, I will upload something this evening.

From your pix's, it appears that this is a 632 or 633. Correct? Let me know, so that I do get the correct format.

Jim

jc634

Administrator
Here is the date/time screen for a 632/633.

You will have to download a plug-in, found here .

Download, unzip and move the plug-in to the cc2-service directory. Add the screen and it should be a duplicate of the CC1 date/time screen.

Jim

Attachments

jc634

Administrator
Here is the winamp screen. I believe that this is the same as the CC1 screen. I did make 1 change; the elapsed time is in minutes and seconds. I dropped the tenths/hundreths.

If you are interested, I can also show you how to skip this screen when winamp is not playing a song, and stay on this screen when winamp is playing a song.

Let me know if you wanted something different.

Jim

Attachments

jc634

Administrator
Well, that didn't take long. This will take a little explaining...

First, run the MBM utility (mbm_ini_creator.exe) located in the mbm-ini-gen directory. This will create a file called cc2_mbm.ini. I am not sure if this file is created in the mbm-ini-gen directory or the cc2-service directory. Find it and move it, if required, to the cc2-service directory.

Second, open this file and also open my screen file. In the cc2_mbm.ini, there will be a list of id's. I no longer use MBM, so I can't specifically point you to the exact id, but it be temp id # for your CPU temp.

Better instructions for which which id # to note can be found here .

Copy and paste the desired id # into my screen file as directed below:

[r00-i02]
string="MHz "

[r00-i03]
length=2
id=2508810313 <<< copy over this id #!!!

[r00-i04]
id=@01

The above id # will NOT work, use the one found in your cc2_mbm.ini file.

Questions? Screen not correct? Ask and we can get you fixed up.

Be sure to use this attached file, not the previous one for the MBM temp.

Jim

britonk

WOW

DUDE! thanks so much! I won't have time to try all this tonight but I will try it tomorrow and let you know how I get on!

Hope the basketball games went well! :)

Thanks again!

Bri

britonk

Hey Jim - glad to hear they won!

Right I have tested out the screens and the winamp one and the date-time one work great - thanks very much!

The sysstate one shows "RAM used" % perfectly but it's reporting my CPU speed as 4MHz and temp as just [E01]. ANy ideas?

I took the ID from cc2_mbm.ini as instructed - the section I took it from looks like this:

[sensor2]
comment=Temp Sensor 3 - CPU Socket
name_id=2439263655
value_id=2318794287
min_id=3193488868

I used the "name_id" is this correct?

Bri

jc634

Administrator
britonk said:

The sysstate one shows "RAM used" % perfectly but it's reporting my CPU speed as 4MHz and temp as just [E01]. ANy ideas?

CPU speed is a system variable. If it is incorrect, I would have to defer to CC2 admin on this. Sorry.

britonk said:

I took the ID from cc2_mbm.ini as instructed - the section I took it from looks like this:

[sensor2]
comment=Temp Sensor 3 - CPU Socket
name_id=2439263655
value_id=2318794287
min_id=3193488868

I used the "name_id" is this correct?
I think my old thread was incorrect. Try the value_id. Although the name_id should output a value. Is the name of your .ini file correct and in the right location? From my old thread:

1. Run the program mbm_ini_creator.exe in the mbm_ini_creator directory. DO THIS ONCE, ONLY!!!

2. This creates a file in this directory called data_mbm.ini. Rename it to cc2_mbm.ini.

If this fails, upload your cc2_mbm.ini and screen files, and I will take a look.

A slightly different path here would be to dump MBM and use Speedfan. As I sure you are aware, MBM is no longer being updated and Speedfan is a nice replacement for it. Some people don't like it, but to each their own. The main thing is that Speedfan is much easier to set up in CC2.

Jim

britonk

Tried the value ID and same screen shows ([E01]). Attached is the screen file you gave me (changed file extension for 633 module and pasted in ID from data_mbm.ini) and the data_mbm.ini file itself.

Had a look at some screen shots of "speedfan" - looks OK - would you recommend changing from MBM to this? I have noticed that when playing graphically intensive games a get a slight stutter when MBM polls the motherboard temp sensors - I currently get round this by shutting down MBM when playing such games. So I might be better off switching to speedfan anyway..?

Thanks again for your help....

Brian

jc634

Administrator
No upload.:(

I use speedfan. Some people report slow load times/high CPU usuage for speedfan.

I would suggest you try it. If you like it, great. If not, dump it and go back to MBM.

From your last post, I get the impression that the .ini file name is incorrect. Need to verify.;)

Jim

jc634

Administrator
Yep, the .ini file name is incorrect.

Make sure you put the .ini file in the cc2-service directory.

I edited the screen file and put in the CPU diode value. If this not the correct reading, try the CPU socket value_id=2318794287.

Try this.

Jim

Attachments

britonk

Still no joy :( saved both the files you sent and also tried the CPU socket name and value IDs and it's still displaying [E01].

Can speedfan be configured to shut the PC down if a temp sensor reaches a set level? This is how I have MBM set up in case my water pump fails when I aint here (I know I am paranoid :)

Bri

jc634

Administrator
Oh, BTW, FWIW, you do not need to change the screen file extension to .CFA633. It is needed only when there are specific commands for the 633. In this case, the screen file will work for either a 632 or 633.

So a .1602 extension would be OK.;)

Also, once you get the hang of doing a few screens, it can become quite addictive. The MBM screens are a little different than most as far as"jumping thru hoops" to get them to work.

Check thru the User Screen forum. You will find quite a variety of screens to try out. I do have both a 632 and 633, so if you need help specific to these LCD's, let me know. Or converting a 631/634/635 to the 633...

Now all we need to do is get you a few temp probes and have you start controlling your fans with the 633.:D

Jim

jc634

Administrator
britonk said:
Still no joy :( saved both the files you sent and also tried the CPU socket name and value IDs and it's still displaying [E01].

Can speedfan be configured to shut the PC down if a temp sensor reaches a set level? This is how I have MBM set up in case my water pump fails when I aint here (I know I am paranoid :)

Bri
Need to get ready soon to go to some more games, so it might be a while to check out.

I intend to install MBM and check it out. It is possible that these routines may have broke during CC2 updates. Something that I can verify. Or I may be giving you bad instructions.:(

I don't know for sure if Speedfan can shut down the PC. I do know that with the 633 you can add temp sensors and configure it to do so. It is a very easy to setup and quite a nice enhancement to CC2. Also, these routines are fullly GUI'd.

BTW, if I had a watercooled system, I would be paranoid, also.

Anyway, the games are pretty much bang, bang, bang. Unless my wife has other plans for me ;) , I should have something late this afternoon.

Jim