Replacing an LCD

MidShipCivic

I have a special type of weight scale and the company refuses to replace it so I'm trying to find an alternative.

The unit just stopped displaying characters and I've never dropped the thing just one day the display didn't work if possible could I replace it with one of the units I see sold here? I count 18 pins and it's back lit by an EL panel.
Looking for additional LCD resources? Check out our LCD blog for the latest developments in LCD technology.

Attachments

CF Tech

Administrator
I have a special type of weight scale and the company refuses to replace it so I'm trying to find an alternative.

The unit just stopped displaying characters and I've never dropped the thing just one day the display didn't work if possible could I replace it with one of the units I see sold here? I count 18 pins and it's back lit by an EL panel.
Sorry. That is almost certainly a custom module made just for that scale. We could reverse-engineer it and build you a couple thousand . . . but I am guessing that would be more than the scale :(

About the only thing you could do is try to find a broken scale that still has the display working.

MidShipCivic

Sorry. That is almost certainly a custom module made just for that scale. We could reverse-engineer it and build you a couple thousand . . . but I am guessing that would be more than the scale :(

About the only thing you could do is try to find a broken scale that still has the display working.
Really? The way it displayed things I thought it was very generic, but thinking about it you're probably right guess I can't save it...

Last edited: