Reading the CoreTemp info

capd72

Hi, I just installed a CFA635 USB on my Windows 7 PC.

I have configured some available "screens" with no problem. (OK)

I aslo installed CoreTemp application to use the CoreTemp Info already included on the "screen setup" of CrytalControl2. (OK)

My processor is an i7 4770, which has 4 cores and eight threads.

The problem is that among all the parameter you can get from the CoreTemp parameter list on the "screen setup" it apears 8 temparature parameters from 0 to 7.

...and only the temp reading from the item_0 is different to the other seven that showns the same temp when pick it and placed in to the "screen setup"

...it's that OK?
...which of the 8 temp parameter should I chose to show as processor temp?

...it have one temp fot item_0, and the other 7 items (1-7) shows the same temp.

Thanks, Carlos

...as my first time with Crystalfontz LCDs I can say it is difficult to start.

...even that the display is easy to install and CrystalControl2 is easy to use also, ...it is difficult to understant what does it we have to show and difficult to believe that actually it's very easy to do it!

...things like RivaTurner, Coretemp, Speed fan, are thing I have never heard on my life, I thought it was some other piece of hardware that I need it to intall!

...I have to read a lot to understand that those are actually other software that you need to install on the PC to gather PC-hardware info to then passed it to CrytalControl2 to fill the coresponding item/parameter on the "screen setup".

...only saying that you will need SpeedFan or CoreTemp, or RivaTurner ...does not say much!

...I hope this would help on how new user/clients would see the things Crystalfontz offer. :)

...I think the product is grate becouse it is very easy and it does what it says, but it could be very, very scaring for some people when starting to read about it.
Looking for additional LCD resources? Check out our LCD blog for the latest developments in LCD technology.

CF Mark

Administrator
Welcome :)

Hi, I just installed a CFA635 USB on my Windows 7 PC.
I have configured some available "screens" with no problem. (OK)
I aslo installed CoreTemp application to use the CoreTemp Info already included on the "screen setup" of CrytalControl2. (OK)
Great to hear :)

My processor is an i7 4770, which has 4 cores and eight threads.
The problem is that among all the parameter you can get from the CoreTemp parameter list on the "screen setup" it apears 8 temparature parameters from 0 to 7.
...and only the temp reading from the item_0 is different to the other seven that showns the same temp when pick it and placed in to the "screen setup"
...it's that OK?
...which of the 8 temp parameter should I chose to show as processor temp?
...it have one temp fot item_0, and the other 7 items (1-7) shows the same temp.
Interesting.
The values of temps 0 to 7 in CC2 should match those shown in Core Temp.
For example, mine looks like:
cfexample.png

In CoreTemp, try enabling "enable global shared memory" in its settings, advanced tab.

...as my first time with Crystalfontz LCDs I can say it is difficult to start.
...even that the display is easy to install and CrystalControl2 is easy to use also, ...it is difficult to understant what does it we have to show and difficult to believe that actually it's very easy to do it!
...things like RivaTurner, Coretemp, Speed fan, are thing I have never heard on my life, I thought it was some other piece of hardware that I need it to intall!
...I have to read a lot to understand that those are actually other software that you need to install on the PC to gather PC-hardware info to then passed it to CrytalControl2 to fill the coresponding item/parameter on the "screen setup".
...only saying that you will need SpeedFan or CoreTemp, or RivaTurner ...does not say much!
...I hope this would help on how new user/clients would see the things Crystalfontz offer. :)
...I think the product is grate becouse it is very easy and it does what it says, but it could be very, very scaring for some people when starting to read about it.
CrystalControl2 is a little difficult to use to begin with due to its flexibility.
Making CrystalControl2 simpler/easier to use would have limited the amount of options users have.

There is a CC2 manual which does explain some of how CC2 works. Its a little outdated but a lot of it still applies.
You can view it in the Help menu :)

capd72

In CoreTemp said:
Tanks CF_Mark, I will try this option you said.

Right now I am using speed fan to read my cores (everything is more easy now), but I will try again with CoreTemp just to have the option in case something hapend with speed fan.

Carlos.

--------------

I agree with you about flexibility ...but flexibility does not have to means difficult always, at least in this case, becouse Crystalfonts products are relativelly easy to use.

The bottom line is that a crystalfonts display is one thing and other thing is the info that you still have to get to display. ....getting this info is what it is not very clear in all the reading.

Some one like me, does know exactly what to expect after buying and installing an LCD display. ( I have read all the manuals and a lot of the forums)

Having more info about how crystalfontz work together with all those application options (Sppedfan, CoreTemp ...etc.) to get very useful data for the display would be revealing!!!

In a few words, if someone does not know about how to get the info to display, the display itself have no propouse.

capd72

Welcome :)

In CoreTemp, try enabling "enable global shared memory" in its settings, advanced tab.
I have enabled the "enable global shared memory" option but it still showing the temps(1-7) with the same number. Only temp_0 is different.

also speed fan shows some strange changes. it use to show temp info in diferent order than before, what was on tempid_4 now is tempid_3, what was on tempid_3 now is tempid_2, what was on tempid_2 now is tempid_1 and finally what was on tempid_1 now is tempid_4.

Now my Old labels don't match with temps displayed by the temps_Id's

Maybe my motherboard it is not suported at all for this programs becouse it is kind of new. it is a Gigabyte G1 Sniper 5.

...only SMART temp's are consistent all the time. ...except for a couple of disk that I have in a RAID 1 array, the other 3 ones have no issues since the first day, and does not depends on additional software.

capd72

What version of CoreTemp are you using?
Hi CF_Mark, sorry to answer until now but I have been very busy and I am able to get my home pc just right now, but my CoreTem version is Core Temp 1.0 RC6, wich is the last one, I have not been able to do some more test but it still reamins the same, no change. it`s seams there is not much else to do, I think I will stay on speedfan for now.

Thanks.

Attachments

capd72

...yes Thanks CF_Mark, I received. The atachment did not work, I already reported to the administrator. There is another way to get it?