questions.. requests...

jdgordon

hey, ive been playing with cc2 now that i got it working and its ...fun... (cant wait for the proper screen editor to be released....)
anyway i have some questions and feature requsts...

can bignumbers be set to auto-resize the amount af charachetrs it uses (horizontally i mean)? ive only got a 16x2 lcd and i want to show ram and cpu on the same screen but its very difficult becuase bignumbers uses 4 chars but the number only goes over 2 or 3 chars.

is it possible for a plugin to force the display to change to a certain screen when its polled? i want to make a plugin for this and Miranda IM so any incoming messages can be displayed on the lcd but it wont work well if the message has to wait a minute or 2 for the lcd to change to the miranda screen.

also last few questions...
how can i increase the scroll speed of the winamp screen? the text line moves like 1 char a second which really is painfully slow :'(
is it possible to set a screen to be skipped if a program is(nt) running like cc could? (if this hasnt been done yet, could be please be possible to have better conditions for it.. i.e it would be nice to set the LCD to only show a warning screen if speedfan is reporting the cpu temp to be X etc..?)
for the config window, can it be made to re-read all the screen files when the service is restarted? its a pain to remove/add the screen each time something minor is changed (actually, could it be possible to force cc2 to re-read the screens while the serivce is still runnnig? or too hard?)
________
Motorcycle tires
Looking for additional LCD resources? Check out our LCD blog for the latest developments in LCD technology.

Last edited:

daks001

Originally posted by jdgordon
hey, ive been playing with cc2 now that i got it working and its ...fun... (cant wait for the proper screen editor to be released....)
anyway i have some questions and feature requsts...

can bignumbers be set to auto-resize the amount af charachetrs it uses (horizontally i mean)? ive only got a 16x2 lcd and i want to show ram and cpu on the same screen but its very difficult becuase bignumbers uses 4 chars but the number only goes over 2 or 3 chars.
The characters themselves are fixed so right now can't be changed without making a new plugin.

is it possible for a plugin to force the display to change to a certain screen when its polled? i want to make a plugin for this and Miranda IM so any incoming messages can be displayed on the lcd but it wont work well if the message has to wait a minute or 2 for the lcd to change to the miranda screen.
Yes that can be done with the events they are put directly into the service.ini file the plugin_info directory in your CC2 program files\service folder has a sample of a couple of events in it's service.ini file have a look at those examples .

also last few questions...
how can i increase the scroll speed of the winamp screen? the text line moves like 1 char a second which really is painfully slow :'(
*I* don't know of a way right now.

is it possible to set a screen to be skipped if a program is(nt) running like cc could? (if this hasnt been done yet, could be please be possible to have better conditions for it.. i.e it would be nice to set the LCD to only show a warning screen if speedfan is reporting the cpu temp to be X etc..?)
Have a look at the events, for example, if you put this under the contrast= in your service.ini (use at own risk I take no responsibility if your LCD jumps out of your computer and drinks all your beer!)

[m00-event00]
if_type=1
if=(id number for your CPU temp from speedfan here)
cond=2
to=(whatever temp value you want)
do_type=1
do=(screen # in service.ini that you want to switch to)

e.g.
[m00-event00]
if_type=1
if=2345678912
cond=2
to=45
do_type=1
do=5

for the config window, can it be made to re-read all the screen files when the service is restarted? its a pain to remove/add the screen each time something minor is changed
The config program reads the screenfiles in and writes to the service.ini file and to the individual plugin ini files. The service then runs from the service.ini file that displays the info to your screen. So the service never sees the screen files, just the ini files when it loads.

(actually, could it be possible to force cc2 to re-read the screens while the serivce is still runnnig? or too hard?)
See above...
;)

jdgordon

ok thanx.. so i just delete the service.ini file and restart the service? or dont even need to restart?

also OT but is it normal that i see the admin funcitons drop down menu at the bottom of threads?
________
CALIFORNIA DISPENSARY

Last edited:

jc634

Administrator
jdgordon said:
ok thanx.. so i just delete the service.ini file and restart the service? or dont even need to restart?

also OT but is it normal that i see the admin funcitons drop down menu at the bottom of threads?
You don't have to delete the service.ini file. And yes, you have to restart CC2.

Hmm, I don't see any admin functions, so you must be special!;)

Jim