Question about 634 Negative backlit

fud0h

I just received my 634 Negative backlit LCD and am attempting to get it to work with a VIA EPIA mini-itx motherboard under Red Hat 7.3. I have sucessfully configured lcdproc and gotten some stats up but my display does not resemble those I have seen on the crystal fontz website nor the review at pimp rig in that it is more of a washed out green on green rather than green on black (this starts in the splash screen). Is this natural or a power issue? I am using the Crystal Fontz backlit power cable, and I have made it look a little better by playing with the backlit/contrast values in LCDd.conf but even at the lowest settings it is still dark green on light green rather that green on black as I had hoped. Any ideas?
Looking for additional LCD resources? Check out our LCD blog for the latest developments in LCD technology.

CF Tech

Administrator
The display should look quite close to the photos.

Typically you would run the backlight at 100% and the contrast somewhere around 50 to 60 for use in typical office lighting.

For use in low-light conditions, reducing the backlight can make the display more readable.

You might want to try using WinTest on a Windows PC to verify operation.

USB LCD Displays - Graphic and Character LCDs with a Keypad

jled1082

Also having same problem

Im having the same problem with my 634 neg. Has there been a solution found or problem discovered. Thanks

Jeremy

Amro

the closest i've found to the pics is like 55% contract and 40% back light.. looks close to the pics