Project for CFAH1602B-TMC-JP

BPP

Hello everyone,

Just wondering if someone could point me in the right direction for doing this project.

What I am working on is based on the above mentioned LCD screen. I would like to be able to display normal computer functions (system temp, cpu usage, etc.), and also be able to control things like extra case fans, and lighting mods thru a push button interface. I have seen it done at this website http://www.veys.com/nick/custom_electronics/mrbaybus2/index.shtml

If anyone has any input on what I can do, I would really appreciate it.

Thanks!
Looking for additional LCD resources? Check out our LCD blog for the latest developments in LCD technology.

psylence

Whoa

Very odd coincidence. That just happens to be my site.

Unless you want to dig in and do the electronics work, I don't think what I made is for you.

But our beloved CFontz has recently come out with something that may fit.

http://www.crystalfontz.com/products/633/index.html

That bad boy controls some things, fans via PWM, and I'm not sure how a 12V light would react to PWM, but if you just used 100% or 0% I would think it'd be *ok*. I'm sure Brent can answer that one.

BPP

whoa

I was the one that e-mailed you for info on Mr. Baybus 2 about a month ago. I figured you have been too busy to update your site with the schematics and all that, so I didn't want to bother you.

I already looked at what Crystal Fontz offers in that unit that you posted about, however I would like to customize it even more than what is offered. It seems like your design is much more suitable for me, besides, I already ordered a nice parallel LCD display.

Thanks for your reply. Either nobody in the forum has any insight or opinions to this, or Crystal Fontz would prefer I buy their unit. I made the original post last week and I thought I would at least get some response by someone else, but maybe I will try another forum on another site.

Once again, thanks for your response.