problems with CFAG320240CX-TMI-T

C

control company

the LCD work correctly when is painting one time.but when the image is updated various times, next a 10 seconds, the image on LCD disappear.

other problem is that the LCD some times, dont initialize.

thanks for your help.....
Looking for additional LCD resources? Check out our LCD blog for the latest developments in LCD technology.

C

control company

F ground

thanks for your help..

please tell me what is the funcion of FG.when I need use the FG.....?

CF Tech

Administrator
FG is "Frame Ground" (FGND=Pin18). We saw one design where connecting FG directly to signal ground (Vss=pin 1) caused some stability trouble.

C

control company

where connect FG

my circuit is 2 microcontrolers, 1 dc power source of 12 v, and 1 transformer of 120 v......where do you think that FG should it connected....where i connect the FG....?

very thanks for all your help......

fernando busi

control conpany

CF Tech

Administrator
Just leave FGND open. Having it connected caused trouble on one design that I know of.

How long is the connection between the display and the controller?

C

control company

F ground

the distance is 10 cm .....6 inch max......but I dont connect the FG pin because y dont know where connect...please tell me examples thaht where connect thf FG pin...

thanks for your great help

C

control company

routine of pic

I am use a pic 18f4580......and the LCD works ok when I print in the LCD one time....but if in my source code, I send too much images(to much), the LCD turn off.

the software when the LCD work bad is a infinite cycle,where always the PIC send information to the LCD.....

C

control company

delays and busy line

i dont use busy line, because this pin dont work me. but I dont sure of operating the this pin......

please teach me, the busy pin change when the epson controller is read or white information......?

about of delays, what do you thinks that is the best delays to this LCD....?

thanks...

fernando busi

CF Tech

Administrator
For now, try increasing the delays to see if the problem goes away.

Basically, if the busy line is asserted, you should not write a new command.

C

control company

other causes

what other trouble could do that the LCD in any moment lost the image.
bacause in any moment I lost the image in 5 second, and other times I lost the image in 3 minutes....always is a different time.......

thanks for your great help

fernando busi

control company

CF Tech

Administrator
Some things to check:

Please take a look at the power, make sure it is clean.

Make sure the control line transitions are clean (no bouncing).

Make sure RESET is not floating.

Make sure the timing is within specification.

C

control company

pin ONOFF, WAIT and correct delays......

good morning......

very thanks for all your help.....

could you teach me how works the pin ONOFF....when DISOFF is HIGH the display turn off....?

when pin WAIT is HIGH i can use the LCD or not.......

which are the correct delays, between commands and parameters.....? and the delays to initialize the LCD......and what other delays I need to the correct use the LCD....?

thank you......

control company