Problems displaying most screens

CF Mark

Administrator
Ok, i couldnt replicate the problem with my serial 634/632's but i do have new plugins for you to try.

Stop CrystalControl2, then extract the contents of the attached zip (632 & 634 plugins) into your "cc2-service" directory overwriting the old plugins.

These two plugins use slightly different com port settings that might help.

Tentacle1

Thank you for trying, but i must regret this doesn't work :( . I've uploaded a movie i made with my webcam so that the problem becomes somewhat clearer (this is after i changed the files, but there is no difference as far as i can tell).

You can get the movie here.

steigrafx

I tried it too...no dice.

I've attached four photos of my 632. But, after seeing Tentacle1's movie, my photos are a letdown -- and the problem is so much nicer on a 634!

Kevin

Attachments

CF Mark

Administrator
Tentacle1 said:
Thank you for trying, but i must regret this doesn't work :( . I've uploaded a movie i made with my webcam so that the problem becomes somewhat clearer (this is after i changed the files, but there is no difference as far as i can tell).

You can get the movie here.
At the start of the movie the LCD backlight is turned off... was this from CC2 turning it off previously or somthing else?

Tentacle1

I restarted the LCD just before i started the recording, so that you can see the situation directly after (re)starting the LCD.

CF Mark

Administrator
Great!

Looks like CC2 didnt like the previous state your LCDs were left in, so it now does a flush & reboot before doing the setup and updates.

Tentacle1

Hehe okay, well i'm glad you sorted it out. Now i can really enjoy this product.

Good luck on the future programming, and i wish you (and everyone else ;) ) a happy new year!

prussnet

Mostly fixed... but new problem now

I just installed, discovered the same problem discribed in this thread, but your fix worked...

However, now the contrast and brightness settings are not working... Whenever I restart the service, both go back to 50%. Unfortunately, my 634 is pretty old and only looks good with the brightness at 100% and the contrast at about 60-70%.

I can manually set these from the tray and they stay good until a reboot, so this is hardly critical, but I wanted to mention it nonetheless. Oh, and yes, I did delete the ini files.

Looking forward to the screen editor!

reider

Re: Mostly fixed... but new problem now

prussnet said:
I just installed, discovered the same problem discribed in this thread, but your fix worked...

However, now the contrast and brightness settings are not working... Whenever I restart the service, both go back to 50%. Unfortunately, my 634 is pretty old and only looks good with the brightness at 100% and the contrast at about 60-70%.

I can manually set these from the tray and they stay good until a reboot, so this is hardly critical, but I wanted to mention it nonetheless. Oh, and yes, I did delete the ini files.

Looking forward to the screen editor!
Here we go, open the CC2 icon in the task tray by left clicking the mouse. This should, amongst other things show you the contrast/brightness sliders without the percentages on show. Adjust them to where you are happy and the results should show straightaway.

Now doubleclick on the icon to open CC2 fully into the control screen. This should show the same sliders but this time with percentage scales. If you`re careful you can keep both sets of sliders on the screen just for a few moments. Now match the percentage sliders from the control panel to that of the sliders with no percentage levels. Restart the 634 and away you go! From now you can just use the first set for fine tuning each time.

NOTE:
If anyone has more than one screen then you will need to repeat this procedure for each and restart them in between. This glitch is on the `to do list` and I know CC Admin/Tech will sort it for sure.

Regards and best wishes,

Steve

prussnet

Re: Re: Mostly fixed... but new problem now

reider said:
Here we go, open the CC2 icon in the task tray by left clicking the mouse. This should, amongst other things show you the contrast/brightness sliders without the percentages on show. Adjust them to where you are happy and the results should show straightaway.

Now doubleclick on the icon to open CC2 fully into the control screen. This should show the same sliders but this time with percentage scales. If you`re careful you can keep both sets of sliders on the screen just for a few moments. Now match the percentage sliders from the control panel to that of the sliders with no percentage levels. Restart the 634 and away you go! From now you can just use the first set for fine tuning each time.

NOTE:
If anyone has more than one screen then you will need to repeat this procedure for each and restart them in between. This glitch is on the `to do list` and I know CC Admin/Tech will sort it for sure.

Regards and best wishes,

Steve
I understand what you are saying, but that isn't the problem... The problem is that the control panel is not applying those settings. I guess I didn't make myself very clear in my post.

The problem is that the control panel is apparently saving the settings of those scales through a restart and as best I can tell, the tray display and the control panel are both set the same, but when the display is reinitialized, it starts with the brightness and contrast as set and then resets them to 50%.

In other words, the control panel sliders show the sclaes set at or about brightness at 100%, contrast about 65%, but the brightness and contrast of the LCD module when serivce restarts are reset to 50% and checking the tray icon confirms this. Before the most recent service fix, which "flushes and reboots" the display, it was not doing this, but it was doing all the wierd character crap that this thread started about.

Anyhow, as I typically leave my computer running for months without a reboot, this is a VERY low priority issue... I just wanted to explain PRECISELY what is happening. I hope I made myself clearer this time.

reider

Mine did precisely as you describe, resetting to 50%. When I looked closely I was adjusting for the wrong screen. Doing the 631 when I wanted the 634. By carrying out the procedure it fixed both screens on both Brightness and Contrast.

Whilst this may not help you, it might help others who come across a similar problem. I`m sure yours will be corrected in time when CC Admin/Tech check for a service fault. Thanks for your reply.

Steve

prussnet

reider said:
Mine did precisely as you describe, resetting to 50%. When I looked closely I was adjusting for the wrong screen. Doing the 631 when I wanted the 634. By carrying out the procedure it fixed both screens on both Brightness and Contrast.

Whilst this may not help you, it might help others who come across a similar problem. I`m sure yours will be corrected in time when CC Admin/Tech check for a service fault. Thanks for your reply.

Steve
I'm sure he will find it eventually... Perhaps there is something about having multiple displays that makes a difference. However, I only have the one, but I do appreciate the input.