Problem with CFAG240128L-TMI-TZ

robeo

Hi all,
I'm working on a project. I just got the LCD CFAG240128L-TMI-TZ, and I tried to test it. After hooking up everything, I tried to display "Hi There." on LCD, it worked right. But when I turn off the power and turn on again there was nothing on the screen. I tried to adjust the 10k pot to get more light contact, the brightness of LCD was changing, so I assume that the LCD is still OK. I'm using the PIC18F4525 for the LCD driver. And I am sure that the PIC is still OK too since I test it. I don't really know what's happening. :mad:

I connect Vdd - Vee to the pot, V0 to wiper, FG and FS to ground, F3 to Vdd (+5)...I think I connected it right

any help?

Thanks
Looking for additional LCD resources? Check out our LCD blog for the latest developments in LCD technology.

CF Support2

Administrator
Before you can display any text on the CFAG240128L series, you need to initialize the controller. After you have initialized the controller, you will also be able to change the contrast. Basically, the controller doesn't know what to do until you tell it that it needs to do something.

We have some sample code available that you can pull down from here:

http://www.crystalfontz.com/backlight/Demo_Code/CFAG240128L_wintest.zip

Open up the CFAG_WinTestDlg.cpp and look for the "OnInit". The code is in C++, but documented well enough that it should get you going.

robeo

I still don't get it. It's really confused me...I did initialize the controller before I try to do something. The LCD has the connector with two wires RED/WHITE, so should I do something with it? The LCD has 20 pins and I soldered all of them and connected to my PIC18F4525 with T6963C controller driver programmed by CCS. I did not try to test LCD on PC since I don't know how. What I'm doing is testing LCD using PIC18F4525. I think I should get a cable or something to test LCD on PC but I did not get anything except the LCD with 20 pins out (that I had to solder) and a connector with RED/WHITE wires

any helps?

Thanks

robeo

Sorry,
Everything works perfectly now (like using a charm :)). The problem is in my lcd driver code since I set up wrong registers.

Thanks