Porblems with CC2

Hydrolisk1792

Okay, I have been a long time customer of the LCD modules here on the site :) Love them, and none have broken yet. I have just started to use CC2 with one of my modules because LCD Smartie can't do what I need my modules to do in this case. I'm using it on a 635 USB drive bay kit with the SACB attached. This module isn't installed in the PC, it is actually part of home automation. The reason that I switched to CC2 for tese particualy modles is because of the custom character feature. That all works well and good. The problem lays with the static text portion of the program. It is VERY unstable. Okay, I'm able to enter SOME static text, but not much. If I like enter more than (i think) 20 characters on the total screen, it will lock up the program and crash. When I load CC2 back up, it acts fine. . . I don't get the problem, it is very frustrating, lol. In my set up, I have to have a lot of static text on the screens, and this is just bogging the whole project down. . . BTW, the screens are 4 x 40's with the 6 buttons and made for the drive bay of a computer (5.25)
Looking for additional LCD resources? Check out our LCD blog for the latest developments in LCD technology.

CF Mark

Administrator
Thanks for the bug report.
I have confirmed the problem (dies with static text over 63 chars long), and will have a fix for this tomorrow.

Out of interest, why do you need such long static text on one line?

CF Mark

Administrator
Can you give the attached new file a try?
Extract it from the ZIP file, then put it in the CrystalControl2 directory overwriting the old one.

Attachments

Hydrolisk1792

Thanks for the bug report.
I have confirmed the problem (dies with static text over 63 chars long), and will have a fix for this tomorrow.

Out of interest, why do you need such long static text on one line?
It is for home automation. The reason for the long static text is for messages that scroll acrost certain screens in the house :)

CF Mark

Administrator
Hmm :(
Are you sure that the file was replaced with the new one correctly?

How much text are you trying to put on one line?

Hydrolisk1792

Hmm:(
Are you sure that the file was replaced with the new one correctly?

How much text are you trying to put on one line?
I'm trying to put a lot, lol. Um, yeah, the file was overwreten, I made sure of it.

Here is some of the text that is going on one line:

(Insert custom character 1x3 icon here VERGIL IDLE "top")
(Insert custom character 1x3 icon here VERGIL IDLE "bottom")
For assistance, please ring bell.
Post Master: Press check mark for package.

Here is another example:

(This line blank)
(Insert custom character 1x3 icon here VERGIL IDLE "top")connection
(Insert custom character 1x3 icon here VERGIL IDLE "bottom")lost
Please contact control center superintendent for more details on this error. Error message (253)

Those were copied right from my .txt files that I have of what all the screens are going to do. As yoy can tell one is going to be outside by the front door. And I gave you an example of an error message one too.

CF Mark

Administrator
Im confused...
When you paste the text you want into the Static Text box, how long does it say the text is?

Hydrolisk1792

Im confused...
When you paste the text you want into the Static Text box, how long does it say the text is?
Here are the screens respectfully with just the numbers of characters on the lines:

Next screen:

Is that what you wanted? I really didn't understand what you were asking. . . :rolleyes::confused:

CF Mark

Administrator
Ok, now i understand, thank you :)

I tried exactly what you trying to do with the second screen.
I setup the screen, then started CC2. Works fine.

Ive attached a new CC2 installer with all the recent bug fixes.
Give it a try, ill be surprised if it doesnt fix this problem for you.

Attachments

Hydrolisk1792

There is something wrong with the download. Every time I try, it starts to down load, than it says that it is complete. This happeneds randomly at random sizes. one time it is at 240Kb, than it is at 1.50MB and so on. I tried like 5 times already. I don't know :confused:

LOL, so yeah. Really sorry for the inconvienece:(.