Plugin Requests

jdgordon

youd think so wouldnt you ? :p

anyway, good news for every1 except Jim :D i found the other itunes sdk so ive been playing and i tihnk i will have a working plugin for cc2 this week some time :)

atm ive got the track and artist name going into a test program working fine (and no matter how hard i try i cant crash itunes :D )

just waiting on cc admin to send me the new libs...

unfortunatly, you have to install a dll into the itunes plugin directory (although u have to for winamp and foobar also so no big deal there :) )

if wmp has a simlilarly easy to use sdk (which i think it doesnt) ill do that also
________
Oregon medical marijuana dispensary

Last edited:

tucker_adelaide

I have been looking everywhere for something like this. Its the only reason why I havn't bought an LCD screen for the PC.

XML

Is anyone game to take up challenge of creaking a plugin or a program that can output values from an XML file. For example: I have a weather station that outputs information. I want to be able to say " Temprature %temp%" where %temp% is where the value is getting from the XML file.

CF Mark

Administrator
tucker_adelaide said:
Is anyone game to take up challenge of creaking a plugin or a program that can output values from an XML file. For example: I have a weather station that outputs information. I want to be able to say " Temprature %temp%" where %temp% is where the value is getting from the XML file.
The textfile2 plugin should take care of XML.
If you can match the text you want to display with regex, then the plugin can show it.

tucker_adelaide

Thats all well and good. However Im not a huge fan of Regex because I can never understand how to get it to work :p just a simple program that will read the tree and pick up the value (similar to the one Samurize use) would make life so much easier.

CF Mark

Administrator
tucker_adelaide said:
Thats all well and good. However Im not a huge fan of Regex because I can never understand how to get it to work :p just a simple program that will read the tree and pick up the value (similar to the one Samurize use) would make life so much easier.
It would, but i dont have the time to do this at the moment.
The screen editor is no1 priority.

Regex is worth learning anyway ;)

n0saj

Enhanced features/plugins.

1) Would like to see multilevel menuing with the buttons on the LCD module. (like the OSD of a computer monitor) Also would like to see option for PC keyboard mapping as well. This could ultimately be used to navigate multiple screens and/or control fan speeds.

2) Ability to program speed/temp curves for fans using temperature data from speedfan. I know you can do this with separate modules wired to the LCD module but whats the point if the MB,CPU,GPU,HDD already contain these sensors and all that needs to be done is read the data using speedfan.

3) Alarm trigger setting, logging etc.. output to CSV file, PC event log, SNMP, email etc..... (similar options to MB monitor)

4) A GUI based screen editor and documentation of plugin development tools. (Not having used CC1 I have no idea how to create plugins in CC2)

Thats all I can think of at the moment. CC2 is a very good piece of software but the above options could make it very much more powerful.

Let me know if anything I have requested is already do-able but from all my searches/forum reading I believe them not to be yet.

daks001

Re: Enhanced features/plugins.

n0saj said:
1) Would like to see multilevel menuing with the buttons on the LCD module. (like the OSD of a computer monitor) Also would like to see option for PC keyboard mapping as well. This could ultimately be used to navigate multiple screens and/or control fan speeds.

Let me know if anything I have requested is already do-able but from all my searches/forum reading I believe them not to be yet.
You can do #1 now... :D

n0saj

Can you give some hints on how to do no.1 if its possible now. I have seen one example of using buttons on LCD panel.

What I want to do is allow user to skip forwards/back between screens using left/right buttons on keypad. I then want to use up/down buttons, Ok (tick) and Cancel(cross) to change custom settings on these screens. I would also like to make this function available using say CTRL+ALT+arrow keys on PC keyboard as well if its possible.

At the moment the only custom settings I have in mind are auto/manual fan control switching & manual fan speed settings. I have some other ideas. (eg. reading PC event log) as well but I suspect these will need additional plugins. (which I am prepared to write if I can get the development SDK for plugins).

daks001

n0saj said:
Can you give some hints on how to do no.1 if its possible now. I have seen one example of using buttons on LCD panel.

What I want to do is allow user to skip forwards/back between screens using left/right buttons on keypad. I then want to use up/down buttons, Ok (tick) and Cancel(cross) to change custom settings on these screens. I would also like to make this function available using say CTRL+ALT+arrow keys on PC keyboard as well if its possible.

At the moment the only custom settings I have in mind are auto/manual fan control switching & manual fan speed settings. I have some other ideas. (eg. reading PC event log) as well but I suspect these will need additional plugins. (which I am prepared to write if I can get the development SDK for plugins).
I'm up to my armpits at work right now so forgive me for giving such short answers.
If you can snag JC634's attention he can give you a little more detail. But
In your \Program Files\CrystalControl2\cc2-service\plugin_info directory you will see examples of some of the different ini files. The keyboard.ini example shows the basic format of reading keys off your standard keyboard.
Then you have to assign them to events. Here is an example of a screen file that I did a while ago that reads the buttons off the 631 and interacts with winamp, the events section is the "secrect area" that you'll need to assign reading either the values off your keyboard or off the buttons on your LCD. I wish I could find the example keyboard reading screen too. Once I get some more time I'll get into the deatils a little bit more.. sorry if this confuses you even more but it might help point you in the right direction...

[pre]
rows=2
cols=20

[mod00] <<<<<for your specific LCD screen this tells it to read from the keypad and assign the outputs to variable numer 7>>>>>
name="id_keypad"
id=@07

[from00]
from="cc2_winamp2_vis.ini"
sec="spec#"
opt01="height=3"
opt02="width=9"
opt03="channel=0"
opt04="id3=@"
opt05="id2=@01"
opt06="id1=@02"
opt07="id0=@03"

[from01]
from="cc2_winamp2_vis.ini"
sec="spec#"
opt01="height=3"
opt02="width=9"
opt03="channel=1"
opt04="id3=@"
opt05="id2=@04"
opt06="id1=@05"
opt07="id0=@06"

[screen]
screen_name="WA Nm 2CH Spect-Anyl Buttons"
options=0
alt_delay=10000

[event00] <<<<<This event skips the screen if Winamp is not ruinning>>>>>>
if_type=1
if=1001136639
cond=0
to=0
do_type=9
do=1

[event01] <<<<< These next 4 events are reading the 4 keys from the keypad on the LCD the sample service.ini file that came with CC2 explains these codes a little crypticly>>>>
; Volume up
if_type=1
if=@07
cond=0
to=1
do_type=5234567890
do=1

[event02]
; Volume Down
if_type=1
if=@07
cond=0
to=32
do_type=468189197
do=1

[event03]
; Next Song
if_type=1
if=@07
cond=0
to=16
do_type=1216962439
do=1

[event04]
;Previous Song
if_type=4
if=@07
cond=0
to=8
do_type=133939910
do=1

[r00]
options=5

[r00-i00]
id=2556244754

[r00-i01]
string=" ("

[r00-i02]
id=674089946

[r00-i03]
string=")"

[r01]
options=0

[r01-i00]
length=10
id=@01

[r01-i01]
length=10
id=@04

[r02]
options=0

[r02-i00]
length=10
id=@02

JC / Reider can you guys jump in here?? I have to be back at work in 6 hours...

daks001

Ahhh here we go, here is an old Manual fan power screen for the 631.... I think Jdgordon did this one.

[pre]
rows=2
cols=20

[mod00]
name="id_keypad"
id=@02

[mod01]
name="fan01_id_rpm"
id=@03
[mod02]
name="fan02_id_rpm"
id=@04

[mod03]
name="fan01_id_manual_power"
id=@05
[mod04]
name="fan02_id_manual_power"
id=@06

[mod05]
name="temp01_id_temp"
id=@07
[mod06]
name="temp02_id_temp"
id=@08

[from00]
from="cc2_cchar.ini"
sec="cset#"
opt01="cust_chr=0"
opt02="id=@01"
opt03="chr0_line0=--88--"
opt04="chr0_line1=-8--8-"
opt05="chr0_line2=-8--8-"
opt06="chr0_line3=--88--"
opt07="chr0_line4=------"
opt08="chr0_line5=------"
opt09="chr0_line6=------"
opt10="chr0_line7=------"

[screen]
screen_name="Fans and temps"
options=0
alt_delay=10000

[event00]
if_type=1
if=@02
cond=0
to=1
do_type=@05
do=-10

[event01]
if_type=1
if=@02
cond=0
to=2
do_type=@05
do=10

[event02]
if_type=1
if=@02
cond=0
to=4
do_type=@06
do=-10

[event03]
if_type=1
if=@02
cond=0
to=8
do_type=@06
do=10

[r00]
options=0
[r00-i00]
string="fan1:"
[r00-i01]
id=@07
[r00-i02]
id=@01
[r00-i03]
string="C "
[r00-i04]
id=@03
[r00-i05]
string="rpm"

[r01]
options=0
[r01-i00]
string="fan2:"
[r01-i01]
id=@08
[r01-i02]
id=@01
[r01-i03]
string="C "
[r01-i04]
id=@4
[r01-i05]
string="rpm"

jc634

Administrator
n0saj said:

FWIW, I wrote a programming "guide" that discusses how to program CC2, CC2 plugins, keypad, keyboard, etc. Includes many sample screens.

I believe that CF will be posting it in the forums very soon. Hopefully, it will answer most of your questions. If not, ask again.

Regarding fan speeds, look at this thread: https://forum.crystalfontz.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=4067 .

Search thru the forums regarding keypad/keyboard and check out the guide, when it becomes available.

Jim

KE4NYV

Re: AIM support

swizzbeats said:
can somebody please make a plugin for AOL instant messenger?
Would love to see this as well. I would hope it would be OSCAR compliant so any AIM "client" would work, such as GAIM, which is what I use. GAIM is open source, so it would be easier to interface to.

Shadowhawk

SageTV status plugin

There's a status plugin I'm using in LCDSmartie that polls a TCP port for data (this is fed by a plugin for SageTV itself). It works great, showing info when I'm recording a show and all; I'd like to see the same thing for CC2, it's one of the things that's holding me back from using it.

I have a rudimentary understanding of programming in C++ & VB, but looking at the source provided by neilm (who wrote the SageTV plugin) and Anders (who wrote the Smartie plugin that I'm using) I don't know how to proceed. Besides that, I know nothing of Delphi, and the CC2 sample plugin source made no sense to me either.

I'm attaching both in a zip file for those of you who want to check it out and maybe try your hand at writing a plugin for CC2.

Attachments

Shadowhawk

A couple more necessities...

I just thought of a couple more that need doing, I'm sure I'm not the only one out there that needs them:

- a plugin to get info/stats from ATI Tray Tools (that's where my video card stats are currently coming from using LCDSmartie).

- a plugin for Trillian.

Any takers? pppleeeeez? :D

DarkProjekt

WinAmp Request

I have a request to the already good working WinAmp Plugin.

I would like to ask for more information about the actual track. Especially I miss the Tags for the Interpret/Actor, the Title and the Album.

As far as I know there is at the momemt only the Track-Name (Actor plus Title) available.

Thanks,
Michael

meklubba

String concatenation plugin

A plugin for concatenation of strings and other plugin values to 1 string.
Something like this, using # to denote an id number.
[concat01]
id=12345678900
update_time=5000
string="Core: " + #249415841 + "V, +3.3V: " + #2891227368 + "V, +5V: " + #4160193155 + "V, +12V: " + #1279566055 + "V, "

Then you could take this concatenated string and scroll it in a 10 character wide section in a row. This way you can view much more information using less space. Of course it is only usefull for information that does not change that often.

CF Mark

Administrator
Re: String concatenation plugin

meklubba said:
A plugin for concatenation of strings and other plugin values to 1 string.
Something like this, using # to denote an id number.
[concat01]
id=12345678900
update_time=5000
string="Core: " + #249415841 + "V, +3.3V: " + #2891227368 + "V, +5V: " + #4160193155 + "V, +12V: " + #1279566055 + "V, "

Then you could take this concatenated string and scroll it in a 10 character wide section in a row. This way you can view much more information using less space. Of course it is only usefull for information that does not change that often.
How is that different than using the normal items?