Please HELP!

Bada Bing

Well, I felt the urge to download the latest Speedfan, so I was having some trouble getting it to run, so I figured maybe if I uninstalled the old one it would work, well no luck...

When I download the newer version I am unable to install it, it opens up a "DOS" looking screen and I get an unable to exe screen. I am not sure if it is because of the great new features of Internt Explorer or what but I am at a loss, and now my 634 wont display any of the good stuff Speedfan monitored.

Please help me =]

PS the error I get is:

16 bit MS-DOS Subsystem

C:\DOCUM~1\Lee\Desktop\DOWNLO~1\SPEEDF~1.EXE
The NTVDM CPU has encountered and illegal instruction.
CS:0dc8 IP:031f OP:63 2c 20 73 6d Choose 'Close' to terminate the application.

Hope that helps.
Looking for additional LCD resources? Check out our LCD blog for the latest developments in LCD technology.

Last edited:

reider

If you perform a Google search with phrase

NTVDM CPU

You will find it is not Speedfan to blame. Lots of programs are coming up with this problem at the moment. Cures all seem to be different depending on the site you go to. Thus, you really need to research this a bit yourself whilst you have the machine in front of you.

I left my 4.19 version of Speedfan installed but performed an exit from the task tray icon. Temporarily stopped my firewall as it interferes with the download of speedfan. Downloaded SF 4.20. Restarted firewall. Installed and checked out SF 4.20. Performed a virus check. Rebooted to check no problems.

Result: Clean n green all the way.

Hope you get sorted, if not then its the magic 'F' stuff, Fdisk, Format n Firewall ;)

Steve

Last edited:

Bada Bing

A little helpful info, I spoke to one of my friends and he recommended I download Mozilla Firefox, and sure enuff, first try boom, Speedfan 4.20 is running fine.