Noob questions about alarms and transitions

wallnutz

Hi,

I recently got a 635 w/SCAB and I have installed CC2. I have most of the basic functions figured out but I have a couple of questions that I haven't found answers to in the forum.

1. Can I set up the temp and fan alarms do anything other than shutting down my computer? I.E. - do they provide an audible alarm or cause the display to flash?

2. It appears that the "transitions" settings in CC2 adjust the way the display "transitions" from screen to screen, when I press the buttons on the LCD. Is it possible to have the LCD cycle through all of my screens without a button prompt?

One last question that might be better in the hardware section of the forum but how are people attaching the temp probes to their various hardware? The only info I have been able to find is to super glue them on but it seems like there might be a more elegant method.

Any help would be appreciated. Even directing me to the appropriate post would be a big help.

Thanks,

Wallnutz
Looking for additional LCD resources? Check out our LCD blog for the latest developments in LCD technology.

jc634

Administrator
See below in red.

Hi,

I recently got a 635 w/SCAB and I have installed CC2. I have most of the basic functions figured out but I have a couple of questions that I haven't found answers to in the forum.

1. Can I set up the temp and fan alarms do anything other than shutting down my computer? I.E. - do they provide an audible alarm or cause the display to flash?

I'll have to let CCadmin answer this, since I have never had an alarm only go off.

2. It appears that the "transitions" settings in CC2 adjust the way the display "transitions" from screen to screen, when I press the buttons on the LCD. Is it possible to have the LCD cycle through all of my screens without a button prompt?

Under Module Setup (right side of CC Config), check the Alternate Enabled: option.

One last question that might be better in the hardware section of the forum but how are people attaching the temp probes to their various hardware? The only info I have been able to find is to super glue them on but it seems like there might be a more elegant method.

Answered in your other post.

Any help would be appreciated. Even directing me to the appropriate post would be a big help.

Thanks,

Wallnutz

CF Mark

Administrator
No audiable alarm or display flash :(
But you can have it change the brightness of the LCD, change to a specific screen, etc.

jc634

Administrator
@ OP.

If you are interested, I can generate some screens/instructions on how to set this up.

wallnutz

Hi JC634 & CCA,

Thank you both for the quick replies!

JC634 - Sure, if you have the time, it would be helpful to see how it would be done. I am just getting started with setting up my LCD so it isn't a pressing need yet but it would be nice to have for future reference.

Wallnutz

khannoorb

help with CFA 635

@ OP.

If you are interested, I can generate some screens/instructions on how to set this up.
wow, jc634, I'm in the same boat as this guy (noob) and I'd really like some info on how to generate some screens/instructions and on set this up the CFA 635 to do stuff. Right now it's just a flat paperwieght on my desk.

If you want you can contact me at patchpalace@gmail.com

Thanks

jc634

Administrator
I'm sorry.:eek: I have not done anything regarding this yet. FAR too much football/baseball/crosscountry going on right now to do much. The Mom's are taking the road trip for baseball this weekend, which leaves me free to do nothing (or do some CC2 stuff)!

In the meantime, peruse the User Screen Libray: https://forum.crystalfontz.com/forumdisplay.php?f=26 for other screens that might interest you.

I'll be able to get the alarm screen done this weekend. Be forewarned that this will require going thru various ini files to get appropriate id #'s and direct programming of the cc2_service.ini file. It is not real complicated, but it not real simple either.

Patience!;)

JC