Non WinAmp displays

stevevray

New to all this. Is it possible to get info from a non-winAmp application? Want to run Virtual Music Jukebox, but want to display info like from WinAmp. Is this possible? Or what direction would I go?
Looking for additional LCD resources? Check out our LCD blog for the latest developments in LCD technology.

daks001

stevevray said:
New to all this. Is it possible to get info from a non-winAmp application? Want to run Virtual Music Jukebox, but want to display info like from WinAmp. Is this possible? Or what direction would I go?
Good News and Bad news... Yes it is possible! BUT ... There is no plugin available for this (that I know of yet). We have CCAdmin chained to his desk to finish the Screenconfig module and a few other things before he gets to "play" with more plugins.

In the meantime...

If there is a "shared memory address" area of Virtual Memory Jukebox (the developer of Virtual Jukebox can tell you that info) CC2 can pull it's info from there. I'm no programmer so I'm no good at all the coding part of that, but I am pretty good with the CC2 screen scripts and the existing plugins so can help with that part. Or if you are good with C or C++ you could write a small plugin to do it. In the CC2 program directory there is an example plugin and the libraries to be able to do this (\cc2-plugin-sdk\).

Hope this helps... sorry I could not give you a quick fix, yet.