No text in LCD CFA635-TFE-KS

cb31416

I have a CFA635-TFE-KS LCD with the optional SCAB and I'm using the 635_WinTest_1_0 program to test it.

I'm able to control the LEDs, the Contrast, and the Backlight with the 635_WinTest_1_0 program, but when I send text to the LCD nothing is displayed.

I do not know if there is something wrong with my connections or where is the problem.

This is how I have the LCD and SCAB connected:
Picture 1

Picture 2

I'll appreciate your help.
Looking for additional LCD resources? Check out our LCD blog for the latest developments in LCD technology.

Attachments

cb31416

JP9 on the SCAB is closed and still no text

JP9 on the SCAB is closed and still no text.

Could it be that something is wrong with the LCD?

When I turn on the LCD I can see the Crystalfontz text for about a second then goes away, but when I send text to the LCD with the 635_WinTest_1_0 program, nothing is displayed.

Any ideas where the problem could be?

thanks

When I turn on the LCD I can see the Crystalfontz text for about a second then goes away, but when I send text to the LCD with the 635_WinTest_1_0 program, nothing is displayed.

Any ideas where the problem could be?
1. wrong baud rate.
2. wrong serial cable/wiring (e.g. null modem cable instead of straight through)

Does WinTest status say that the display is "found"??

CF Tech

Administrator
Coming on for a second then going off is what will happen if ATX mode is set and the module does not see voltage on the SENSE line (hence my question about JP9, which feeds the sense from the floppy 5v).

Try using the packet debugger to disable the ATX:

Command 28: \000

If that wakes up the display, then send:

Command 4 with the data field empty.

cb31416

Text is now working :)

I sent the command 28 with data \000 using the Packet Debugger in 635_WinTest_1_0 program then command 4 with the data field empty and now I can see the text in the LCD.

CF Tech thanks for your help.

CF Tech

Administrator
OK, glad you got that going, but it does not explain why the module is not detecting the SENSE input going high, and turning on by itself.

No problem if you are not using the ATX function to turn on your PC, but if you want to use it for power on/off we will need to figure it out.

USB LCD Displays - Graphic and Character LCDs with a Keypad