New CC2 & XP Standby Mode

Madness

Encountered a problem after switching to the new version (backed up *.ini files; uninstalled previous; installed new; restored *.ini's; rebooted): the CC2 service apparently freezes when the computer comes back up from standby mode. So, I have the run "services.msc" & restart the service before my 635 works again. Didn't have that problem w/ the previous version. Any ideas?
Looking for additional LCD resources? Check out our LCD blog for the latest developments in LCD technology.

CF Mark

Administrator
Do you remember what version you previous install of CC2 was?
This lastest version should have fixed all the powersaving resume issues :(

CF Mark

Administrator
Yes, sorry those are crickets you hear.
We have them in plague proportions here in South Australia at the moment (really!).

Anyway...

Sorry, but ill have to ask you to go through this procedure: https://forum.crystalfontz.com/showthread.php?t=4418
One correction though, set the value of "file_level" to 0 instead of 1.

Hopefully with those logs ill be able to work out where its going wrong.

Madness

Only question is: Since this problem occurs after the system comes up from hibernation, how would that procedure work? Should I enable the logging & then put the system in standby?

CF Mark

Administrator
That is correct.

Stop CC2, remove the old log files, change the "file_level" line, start CC2, leave for say 1min, put PC into standby, resume, leave for 1 min, stop CC2, zip up the logs.

Madness

Haven't heard anything back, but since my last post I found one solution: manually stopping CC before putting the computer into standby. In other words, the Systray icon must have a chance to transition from blue, to orange, to red. Usually, the PC shutdown occurs before this happens, so the start/stop options are missing from the icon's right-click menu upon wakeup (requiring the service restart). Again, this didn't happen w/ the previous version, but I can't remember if the it's stop procedure had the "orange stage" of the icon.