New CC2 Installation

reider

No doubt some of you have noticed the new CC2 installation in the 'sticky' above. Unfortunately, it may mean some changes to your present screens, as the scroll controls and other items have changed. However, we are all here to help you perform the changes, just post a request in CC2 user screens with full details.

On the other hand, many positive changes have evolved with this new setup. Scroll up/down is catered for by an inbuilt routine. All the other buttons can be programmed into a screen or set of screens for any module. In the 'User-Contributed' folder, 'Reider' are some 631 and 635 screens for Winamp, Contrast & Brightness with full keypad control. Included are Skip Screens too.

In the 'JC' folder our very own Jim has included amongst other things his Weather Screen, Logo`s, Bargraphs, Memory, CPU screens. Hopefully he will setup a seperate thread to explain the wonders of the 634 keyboard control. With this the 634 module can be scrolled up/down by keys on the keyboard, any module dimmed and brought back to life, sent to any screen at the press of a button.

Daks, has done some wonderfull CPU, Winamp, and Scab stuff. He was one of the first to get screens going for the Scab and is a mine of information on this subject.

Much forgotten and hiding in the background is jdgordon who is the writer of the RSS Plugin, which does much more than just read the weather alone. But it does do this very well indeed, with much more scope for the controls than anything offered elsewhere.

Lastly, thanks to CF for working so hard on this project so far. Putting up with our fevered demands, changing the program to suit. Listening to our gripes, going back to the drawing board oh so many times and eventually coming up with this excellent version. Now starting on the next one already !

Steve
Looking for additional LCD resources? Check out our LCD blog for the latest developments in LCD technology.

jdgordon

3 cheers for CC admin for getting this release out :D

like reider said, ive released a rss reader for cc2 which works pretty well (if i do say so for myself :) ) which has only been updated today to make it better, find it here

i also have a gmail checker and a more advanced time display plugin, so these combined with cc2's release you all have no excuse to be bored...

once again, congrats to the CF team
________
LESBIAN VIDEOS

Last edited:

reider

jdgordon said:
3 cheers for CC admin for getting this release out :D

like reider said, ive released a rss reader for cc2 which works pretty well (if i do say so for myself :) ) which has only been updated today to make it better, find it here

i also have a gmail checker and a more advanced time display plugin, so these combined with cc2's release you all have no excuse to be bored...

once again, congrats to the CF team
As our leading independant Plugin Maker, JD also impressed us all heartily by making a Scab Screen with full keypad control of the fans. Power up/down at the touch of a button. Perhaps, in time, you could give our users a rundown of the methods employed and a sample screen JD. I know for a fact, as people purchase and fit these units, this will be a most popular subject.

Independant keypad control of the fans and display of temperature whilst in a game/program can be crucial for a lot of users. Especially, Shuttle users-like myself and many many others.

Steve

CF Mark

Administrator
Crackers said:
You know I saw that, but I read it as Nov. 5th and didn't notice the year :)
Haha, as i live in Australia, i tend to use our date format DD/MM/YYYY instead of the US MM/DD/YYYY.

smack

CrystalControl Admin said:
Haha, as i live in Australia, i tend to use our date format DD/MM/YYYY instead of the US MM/DD/YYYY.
You could use the international standard date notation ISO 8601 to avoid this confusion: YYYY-MM-DD

CF Mark

Administrator
smack said:
You could use the international standard date notation ISO 8601 to avoid this confusion: YYYY-MM-DD
I use that format in the release file names.
I guess i could use it everywhere else as well... but as jd said, it would confuse a lot of people.

Though he is biased towards me sticking to the current date format as he is in Aus as well ;)

CF Tech

Administrator
My vote is for the YYYY-MM-DD, since it is truly the "right" way. The 4-digit year resolves most confusion, even for us dim-witted yanks.

jc634

Administrator
I prefer the 17May05 format. The shortest , and easiest to read. I don't think anyone in the English speaking world be able to misinterpret this format.

Unless you live in Australia...;)

Or maybe the Brits!:D

Jim

reider

jc634 said:
I prefer the 17May05 format. The shortest , and easiest to read. I don't think anyone in the English speaking world be able to misinterpret this format.

Unless you live in Australia...;)

Or maybe the Brits!:D

Jim
Hey, I resemble that remark ;)
17May17 would be a problem (2017) heh heh! Yeah, you were right.

Steve