New 632 Owner with Pics

HansYupp

Just got my Display today. I already have it installed and running. I cut a braided Serial cable to length, reterminated it and then made a short "jumper" out of the rest to connect to the serial port. I also modified an aluminum face plate so it would match. here are a couple of pics.

Anyway, I was Excited so I thought I'd share.
Hans
Looking for additional LCD resources? Check out our LCD blog for the latest developments in LCD technology.

HansYupp

Thanx, It was worth the extra time for the install. Having allot of fun with the display so far. thinking about picking up another for my web/mail server.

Hans

goodyr

First time on this forum. Thinking hard about the 632. That looks like a Lian Li pc case. I am getting the pc60 tomorrow. Where did you get the faceplates for your cdrom, and your floppy? The only place I have seen them is pcmods. It looks like you did a great job. Great pics.

HansYupp

Hello and thanx.

I got the DVD and Floppy faceplate from Here

I couldn't find one for the CD-RW. I ended up Stealthing it

I'm sure you'll like your new Case and display. I bought a Black PC-61USB for my server and will be buying a display for it soon.

c'ya
Hans

HansYupp

Add a new screen to Crystal control. type in what you want it to say, select any option such as scroll, etc. Give it a name and Save it.

Rebooting has no effect. as long as Crystal Control is active the Message screen will be displayed.

laterz,
Hans

pyro

What I do with my 633 to save a boot state is I go in wintest, set a message and fan speeds, then go to the packet debugger, go to the one that says save boot state, and click send packet (with no data) and it'll save it as the bootstate for you. It will now stay which ever way you set it when you reboot.

Joaquin

Cutting aluminum

HansYupp,

I just recently picked up a 634 and I am loving it.:D

When you were modding your faceplate, what method did you use to cut the aluminum. It looks really clean and perfectly sized.

I have a Chenming case and do not have any room in the drive bays for the 634. So, I would like to do a mount in the side panel. The side panel is sheet aluminum and I do not imagine it'll be hard to cut provided I find the right tools and method.

Thanks in advance,
Joaquin

HansYupp

I used a Dremmel with cutoff wheels, a small Triangle shaped fle and a Small round file.

Just take your time. Measure and check everything twice.

good luck,
Hans

timid1

Lian-Li faceplates

Just FYI, you can find Lian-Li style face plates for your optical drives at your local CompUSA. They are also carrying PC Toys fans, laser grills, CCFL neon lights, and more! You can find the location closest to you by heading to CompUSA's web-site.

timid1

Lian-Li faceplates

Just FYI, you can find Lian-Li style face plates for your optical drives at your local CompUSA. They are also carrying PC Toys fans, laser grills, CCFL neon lights, and more! You can find the location closest to you by heading to CompUSA's web-site.