Myfan(634)

reider

Myfan634.zip is another Speedfan Screen that has been edited from a couple of the included screens in CC2. It is a follow on from the myfan.zip file I did for the CFA 631.

It will mainly be useful to Shuttle owners and may need customising to your individual version of Speedfan settings.

It shows as follows, one text entry on each of the four lines of the 634 on the static version. This static version allows you to key in the text details manually by careful use of Notepad, thus not having to re enter the details every time the screen is loaded......

CPU TEMP
PWM TEMP
PSU TEMP
HDD TEMP

The next version has exactly the same layout as above but allows you to enter the text in a user input box every time you load the screen. This is repeated four times, one for each line, and has the distinct advantage of allowing the non technical user amongst us to have a fully customisable text line on the screen.

Personally, I would have preferred the text on the top line like a title to a page but I closely adhered to the user request in this instance. You could change this yourselves but if people request it I will implement another version in here.

Use as you wish, at your own risk. Amend as you feel fit.
This screen is for the CFA 634 model of LCD panel

Don`t forget screen requests can be posted in Screen Requests:

Steve
Looking for additional LCD resources? Check out our LCD blog for the latest developments in LCD technology.

Last edited:

reider

First the static version...... for the brave amongst you. Remember, less than 20 characters and the line will be static text, above 20 and it will be scrolling text.

Steve

Attachments

reider

Last at the moment, but who knows what the future will bring? I predict the winning lottery numbers this week will be..... oh hang on, wrong program!

Again, remember the 20 character scrolling rule as above.....

Steve

Attachments

sum1quiet

Hi Reider! I just got my 631 today and your 631 "myfan" was one of the first I installed! Only one thing, my HDD0 has no temp thermometer but my HDD1 does... How can I change it so it sense that instead?

Thanks!

reider

sum1quiet said:
Hi Reider! I just got my 631 today and your 631 "myfan" was one of the first I installed! Only one thing, my HDD0 has no temp thermometer but my HDD1 does... How can I change it so it sense that instead?

Thanks!
It sounds like you need a purpose built screen to suit your setup. Myfan631 was to suit my setup with one drive and can be readily amended to suit someone elses with two or more drives (under certain criteria). You simply need to state what you have showing and presently working on the 'readings' screen of Speedfan. So you might have CPU, PSU and two HDD`s (or maybe only one HDD is currently showing). You may at some point need to run the four test screens, but if this is the case then I will amend them to suit a 631.

Assuming both HDD`s are showing in the front (readings) section of Speedfan then proceed as follows, if not then go to NOTE:

Go to Test speedfan

download the final 'textfile' (attachment number 5 only), then extract to a folder on your HDD. Open the textfile and this will have 32 temps in there. These are the 32 allowable ID`s in the Speedfan Plugin, the original eight and 24 more I added. You need to test each one in a screen and write down the results. If any matches the original components in your display then that is as normal, if any matches your other drive then that is a bonus and a screen can be edited for the data.

NOTE:
if only one of your drives is showing under the readings tab and you believe Speedfan to be correctly configured then ordinarily that is the end of the road for the displaying of HDD`s. One can be sensed by Speedfan and the other cannot, therefore only one can be scripted for in CC2.

NOTEii:
normally that would be the end of the road, however we like to look after people here and I am currently working on an experiment to include HDD`s not sensed by Speedfanas well as Video card temps in Speedfan. Please bear with me until this is completed.

If you feel lost with the tests and need a sample test screen making up, your HDD is not showing on the front screen or you wish to discuss any other related/non related issue then please do so.

Regards,

Steve

Last edited:

sum1quiet

To be honest Steve, I am quite lost. I do know that both hard disks are read in Speedfan, but only one supports temperature reading (its new) and the other one is old and does not. So in speedfan, its listed as so:

Temp1:temp
Temp2:temp
Temp3:temp
HDD0:0c
HDD1:temp

I dont really understand how I can find out what ID my hard disk sensor is. Any more help is much appreciated.

reider

sum1quiet said:
To be honest Steve, I am quite lost. I do know that both hard disks are read in Speedfan, but only one supports temperature reading (its new) and the other one is old and does not. So in speedfan, its listed as so:

Temp1:temp
Temp2:temp
Temp3:temp
HDD0:0c
HDD1:temp

I dont really understand how I can find out what ID my hard disk sensor is. Any more help is much appreciated.
Dont `t worry, we will sort something out for you. Now, if you`re using the screen that comes up with user prompts in a box where you type in then you will have to look at Speedfan and decide which temp is CPU, which is PWM or case and which is PSU, if that is sensed. Then HD1 should be easy to suss out, now you could say to yourself both HD`s are in the same area so "I`ll blag it and put the same temp in as HD0" or you could say for safety sake I`ll just register HD1.

Now, you need to decide what type of screen you want.
CPU, PSU and one HDD or two HDD`s with a blagging. Later, we may sense the old drive properly after my experiments are complete.

Please remember these screens are issued freely as a purely cosmetic affect. It is up to you to measure temperatures correctly by the proper means, use the screens at your own risk.

Steve

Last edited:

sum1quiet

Yes I am using the one where you enter the names. However, the 4th sensor on the myfan screen is for HDD0 which, on Speedfan, is on 0c because it doesnt have a sensor. Speedfan does show HDD1 temp, but I dont know the ID for that sensor, so I cannot modify the Myfan screen.

reider

sum1quiet said:
Yes I am using the one where you enter the names. However, the 4th sensor on the myfan screen is for HDD0 which, on Speedfan, is on 0c because it doesnt have a sensor. Speedfan does show HDD1 temp, but I dont know the ID for that sensor, so I cannot modify the Myfan screen.
Yes, its 'trial and error' to find the ID numbers, to compound the issue we have 8 official and 24 un-official ID`s. However, we don`t give in easily here. Please wait a little while or come back later, I`ll make you some test screens up purely for the 631. they should have been done by now anyway <slaps wrist, in disgust at own laziness! Begins frantically typing.....>.

Steve

reider

(1) Ok, these are dog rough but here follows the first 12 ID`s from 32. Please download both attachments, extract, add to 631 module test screens 1-6 and 7-12, restart the module then open test screen 1-6

(2) You will get 3 numbers (key numbers) 1-3 on the top line of the 631 module and 3 numbers (again, key numbers) 4-6 on the bottom line. If any of these shows a temp then write it down and the correct key number it shows against.

(3) If it shows zero then ignore it, just write down valid temps. Open test screen 7-12 and repeat (2) to (3).

If this shows all the temps you need then begin comparing against Speedfan readings and decide what you want to see on the screen, CPU, PSU, HD1 etc and try to work out which is which by looking at Speedfan. Indicate all this data and I will edit the screen for you, substituting the correct ID numbers from the key numbers.

I will continue working on the rest of the 32 ID`s and key numbers now, these are only to be going on with instead of waiting. they may be all you need anyway.......

Steve

Attachments

sum1quiet

Wonderful! Test No. 05 is my hard disk, i put my cpu fan low and did a lavasoft scan, everything goes up except that, which is the same on speedfan.

EDIT: I took the sensor number out of your testfan screen and replaced the 4th sensor in myfan screen but it just says [E01]

EDIT2: Somehow managed to get it to say 0c by replacing the 4th sensor at the bottom.

Last edited:

sum1quiet

Ok I have worked out what it is.

Test 1 = SYS
Test 2 = CPU
Test 3 = PWM
Test 5 = HDD1

I would like it in the order:

CPU: SYS:
PWM: HDD:

If you could make me a screen for this I would be more than happy, ive failed a few times at editing the current "myfan" already :|

EDIT: Wow! I managed to do it myself and re-arrange the sensors so that my CPU temp is first instead of the system temp. Thanks for the test screens, they helped me 100% to do this :D

Last edited:

reider

sum1quiet said:
Ok I have worked out what it is.

Test 1 = SYS
Test 2 = CPU
Test 3 = PWM
Test 5 = HDD1

I would like it in the order:

CPU: SYS:
PWM: HDD:

If you could make me a screen for this I would be more than happy, ive failed a few times at editing the current "myfan" already :|

EDIT: Wow! I managed to do it myself and re-arrange the sensors so that my CPU temp is first instead of the system temp. Thanks for the test screens, they helped me 100% to do this :D
Course they helped, I said we would sort it. I`ve done all 32 ID`s now plus a textfile for the full list so we`ve both achieved something today. Incidentally, a mixture of all the 631 screens would have given you the correct data but then this would have been more trial and error than the test screens! Well done, have fun and enjoy, if you want to blag the data for the HDD that isn`t sensed just put the ID in again and a title of HD0 instead of HD1-should work.

2.30am here so I`ll just form the layout for the 631 test screens before bed..... zzzzzz!

Steve