My SpeedFan Temp Screens

jc634

Administrator
If you download my SpeedFan temp screens, you will notice that my Video Temp says "Later". One feature that you lose going to Speedfan is the ability to add "Custom" sensors. I used MBM with ATITool to display my video card temps.

No longer:( !

I have contacted the author of SpeedFan to see if he could add this support. His reply was:

I'm working on both a PLUGIN structure and on ATI support, but I can't tell you the timeline, as I'm trying and I don't know :)

So being the eternal optimist that I am;) , I have the code there, once this support is added!

Jim
Looking for additional LCD resources? Check out our LCD blog for the latest developments in LCD technology.

jc634

Administrator
I installed RivaTuner once and was not to impressed with the program:( .

I like ATITool simply because it takes the guesswork out of overclocking my video card (perhaps I missed something in RivaTuner?). And it allowed me to display temps with MBM and CC1.

From your point of view, I understand why you would use RivaTuner, as it supports both ATI and nVidia. I would do the same:) .

I will try RivaTuner again to see how the latest version works, however. I am somewhat skitish about using another program that is not commerically supported. Why?

While I am sure that CrystalControl will be around (after all, I assume that Crystalfontz has a vested interest in its success), I can not be sure on the myriad of programs that CC2 is dependent on, aka MBM.

Jim

CF Mark

Administrator
jc634 said:

While I am sure that CrystalControl will be around (after all, I assume that Crystalfontz has a vested interest in its success), I can not be sure on the myriad of programs that CC2 is dependent on, aka MBM.
Yeh, i can understand that... i feel the same way.
Really though, i dont have a choice.
There is no way im going to build full hardware support for these kinds of tasks into CC2, so ill just have to try and support the other utilities that are around.

Ill add ATITool support to my to-do list, but itll be at the bottom of the list.
It might be a while coming...

jc634

Administrator
CrystalControl Admin said:
Yeh, i can understand that... i feel the same way.
Really though, i dont have a choice.
There is no way im going to build full hardware support for these kinds of tasks into CC2, so ill just have to try and support the other utilities that are around.

Ill add ATITool support to my to-do list, but itll be at the bottom of the list.
It might be a while coming...
I completely understand. I would thing it must be a near fulltime job for the authors of some of these programs to keep up with all the continual hardware changes.

If you were to try to do that, it take away development of the core CC2 program, and we would all suffer.:(

I installed Rivatuner, and it the resulting screens are very nice and informative. I still prefer the use of ATItool.:)

And as sit here waiting for my kids to awaken, I would like ot wish everyone a Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year!:D

Jim

reider

The same from me too, Merry christmas and a Happy New Year to one and all. On holiday at the moment but service as normal next week, back Monday instead of Tuesday now.

Steve