My latest experience with Crystalfontz

fiscap

During the past several weeks, I ran into an issue where the backlighting on my 634 display gradually started to dim. It got to the point where it was barely visible to read even in the dark. I was concerned since the display was less than six months old. I tried a couple of different software solutions to see if it might have been software related, but I was met with the same results each time.

I proceeded to contact tech support to see if there was something I could do to troubleshoot the problem further. If the display was indeed going bad, I wanted to know what my options were in getting it replaced. I was also troubled at the thought of having to spend another $70 for a replacement display after having spent $100 for the initial package less than six months prior.

The following is a timeline of my communications with Crystalfontz:

3/30 12:38 AM – I send an email to Crystalfontz about the issues with my 634 display.
3/30 11:58 AM – I receive a reply from Crystalfontz that a support ticket has been opened to better assist me with my query.
3/30 03:21 PM – I receive an explanation from Crystalfontz that they had a batch of 634 displays with bad resistor values – an advanced replacement and RMA were in the works.
3/30 06:57 PM – I receive a shipping confirmation from Crystalfontz that my new 634 display has been shipped.
4/01 10:00 AM – I receive my new Crystalfontz display.

I sent one email to Crystalfontz looking for assistance in troubleshooting my display problem and two days later I’m holding a new display (mind you they are on the west coast and I am on the east coast). There was no run around whatsoever. No ‘have you tried this driver?’, ‘have you rebooted your computer?’, or ‘have you re-installed your OS?’ nonsense. They simply replaced the display and they did so free-of-charge, despite the fact that the 30-day warranty had long since past.

Crystalfontz addressed the issue immediately and presented me with a solution before I even knew what they were doing. They are a highly reputable company and hold their customers in the highest regard. They have an outstanding product and I am thoroughly pleased with the level of service that they have provided. I strongly recommend them to anyone who is considering buying any of their products.

Thank you very much Crystalfontz. You should all be proud of the level of service that you provide to your customers.

Paul
Looking for additional LCD resources? Check out our LCD blog for the latest developments in LCD technology.

CF Tech

Administrator
Paul:

Thank you for the kind words. I am glad that you are happy with the service you have received from us.

Mercury

3/30 12:38 AM – I send an email to Crystalfontz about the issues with my 634 display.
3/30 11:58 AM – I receive a reply from Crystalfontz that a support ticket has been opened to better assist me with my query.
For a good long while there I was thinking that if they opened the ticket and replied to your email 40 minutes before you sent it, then yes, I'd have to agree that they have awesome tech support. :D

When will the US get with the times and start using the 24-hour clock like the rest of the world, instead of this confusing AM-PM junk?

No, I got nothing useful to contribute yet. This is a test post. Move along.

Last edited: