My 634 doesn't work...

helpmeoutplz

I just got a new 634 LCD display (front mounted), and I hooked up the power cable, and ran a serial cable out the back and onto the motherboard (although not the cable that was supplyed, it didn't fit) and I can't get it to work. Is it supposed to play a start logo when I turn on the computer? Because it doesn't, it has no activity whatsoever.
Any ideas?

Thanx,
-Brian
Looking for additional LCD resources? Check out our LCD blog for the latest developments in LCD technology.

USB LCD Displays - Graphic and Character LCDs with a Keypad

helpmeoutplz

I think I know

Hey, this morning I poked around this tech support forum and found what I think is my problem: ...i have a null-modem cable, not a serial cable. It didn't say it on the box, but it is from belkin, just as the problem I read about. I'll go get a different cable and try it out.

helpmeoutplz

Yup...

Just tested my cable with the volt-meter. Yeah, it was null-modem. I'm gonna go out today and buy a regular straight-through cable but since its SUNDAY stores don't open till 12!! What am I going to do for an hour???

I get the overwhelming feeling that I am talking to myself...

helpmeoutplz

Hell yeah!!

I finally got a straight-through cable, and the unit is working awesome with CrystalControl and WinTest. This thing rocks!! Great product guys :)

Over and Out,
-Brian