Multi Email Checking (631 and 634)

reider

(1) Multi Emails 631
Allows two email accounts to be shown on the 631 display at the same time. These may be with the same or a different ISP (Internet Service Provider). Unfortunately, as it is a relatively small screen then no descriptive text can be used in the display.

Line 1 Sender: joe subj: Hello
Line 2 Sender: fred subj: Got your pic

The senders and subjects above are purely ficticious, if they resemble anyone you know blah blah blah ;)

(2) Multi Emails 634
Allows two email accounts to be shown on the 634 display at the same time. These may be with the same or a different ISP (Internet Service Provider). These appear as follows

Line 1 Linda`s Email
Line 2 Sender: joe subj: Hello
Line 3 Bert`s Email
Line 4 Sender: fred subj: Got your pic

Think of this as two accounts, with an invisible line between them like this

Line 1 Linda`s Email

Line 3 Bert`s Email

The senders and subjects above may resemble something you`ve seen before, this is merely a stroke of genius! ;)

(3) Big Three Emails 634
First a title for the display then this screen allows three email accounts to be shown on the 634 display at the same time. These may be with the same or a different ISP (Internet Service Provider). These appear as follows

Line 1 EMAIL ACCOUNTS
Line 3 Sender: Linda subj: Got my hair done today

If you recognise any of the people or subjects above then what are you doing reading my emails? ;)

(4) Big Four Emails 634
No title for the screen but, allows four email accounts to be shown on the 634 display at the same time. These may be with the same or a different ISP (Internet Service Provider). These appear as follows

Line 1 Sender: Mary subj: See ya later!
Line 3 Sender: Linda subj: Got my hair done today

The people above are wanted for impersonating people we know! ;)

Don`t forget screen requests can be posted in Screen Requests:

Regards and best wishes,

Steve
Looking for additional LCD resources? Check out our LCD blog for the latest developments in LCD technology.

Last edited:

reider

Multi Emails 631 is for those of us who have two email accounts and wish to recieve email arrival information for both accounts on the 631 module. Not an easy feat by any means due to the size issue.

If you use notepad to carefully change the sections in bold text as marked below, it will after adding the screen allow this feature to work. Think of the 'from00' section as one of your email accounts and 'from01' as your second email account.

NOTE:
(1) No liability for use of this screen nor the use of the login routines is accepted by any party, it is use at your own risk!
(2) All email login details can easily be found on your computer by checking certain existing email files, including the .ini file for this very plugin/screen
(3) Subject to acceptance of numbers (1) and (2) above you may proceed. The password section can be left 'as is' if necessary. This will ask in turn for the user to key in the password for each account. Or, you can alter it (subject to reading (1) and (2) above again to the correct password for each account now. Either way the password is currently stored in an unencrypted method, hopefully this will change in the future.

Thus, if two accounts then fill in the details for both manually in the correct place. Save the screen and load it to the 631 module. Restart the module and away you go. If you`re set up for 'send straightaway' in your email accounts then you can test this feature by sending test messages with different subjects from each of the accounts.

Steve

[from00]
from="cc2_email.ini"
sec="email#"
opt01="id_num=@01"
opt02="id_size=@"
opt03="id_to=@"
opt04="id_from=@02"
opt05="id_subj=@03"
opt06="sleep=240"
opt07="server_addr=my.mail.co.za"
opt08="server_port=110"
opt09="user_name=africa"
opt10="user_pass=!user password?"

[from01]
from="cc2_email.ini"
sec="email#"
opt01="id_num=@04"
opt02="id_size=@"
opt03="id_to=@"
opt04="id_from=@05"
opt05="id_subj=@06"
opt06="sleep=240"
opt07="server_addr=my.mail2.co.uk"
opt08="server_port=110"
opt09="user_name=fred"

Attachments

Last edited:

reider

Multi Emails 634 is for those of us who have two email accounts and wish to recieve email arrival information for both accounts on the 634 module. Utilising the full four lines of the module it shows a title for both email accounts too.

If you use notepad to carefully change the sections in bold text as marked below, it will after adding the screen allow this feature to work. Think of the 'from00' section as one of your email accounts and 'from01' as your second email account.

[r00-i00] and [r02-i00] hold the titles for both accounts, so if you have an account for your manager and secretary then just amend the bold sections to suit. If for yourself and family member, then ditto. Just be careful not to change anything else.

NOTE:
(1) No liability for use of this screen nor the use of the login routines is accepted by any party, it is use at your own risk!
(2) All email login details can easily be found on your computer by checking certain existing email files, including the .ini file for this very plugin/screen
(3) Subject to acceptance of numbers (1) and (2) above you may proceed. The password section can be left 'as is' if necessary. This will ask in turn for the user to key in the password for each account. Or, you can alter it (subject to reading (1) and (2) above again to the correct password for each account now. Either way the password is currently stored in an unencrypted method, hopefully this will change in the future.

Thus, if two accounts then fill in the details for both manually in the correct place. Save the screen and load it to the 634 module. Restart the module and away you go. If you`re set up for 'send straightaway' in your email accounts then you can test this feature by sending test messages with different subjects from each of the accounts.

Steve

[from00]
from="cc2_email.ini"
sec="email#"
opt01="id_num=@01"
opt02="id_size=@"
opt03="id_to=@"
opt04="id_from=@02"
opt05="id_subj=@03"
opt06="sleep=240"
opt08="server_port=110"
opt09="user_name=africa"

[from01]
from="cc2_email.ini"
sec="email#"
opt01="id_num=@04"
opt02="id_size=@"
opt03="id_to=@"
opt04="id_from=@05"
opt05="id_subj=@06"
opt06="sleep=240"
opt08="server_port=110"
opt09="user_name=fred"

[r00-i00]
string="Email for Africa: "

[r02-i00]
string="Email for Fred: "

Attachments

Last edited:

reider

Big Three Emails 634 is for those of us who have three email accounts and wish to recieve email arrival information for all accounts on the 634 module.

If you use notepad to carefully change the sections in bold text as marked below, it will after adding the screen allow this feature to work. Think of the 'from00' section as one of your email accounts, 'from01' as your second email account and 'from02' as your third and final account.

NOTE:

Thus, if three accounts then fill in the details for all manually in the correct place. Save the screen and load it to the 634 module. Restart the module and away you go. If you`re set up for 'send straightaway' in your email accounts then you can test this feature by sending test messages with different subjects from each of the accounts.

Steve

[from00]
from="cc2_email.ini"
sec="email#"
opt01="id_num=@"
opt02="id_size=@"
opt03="id_to=@"
opt04="id_from=@02"
opt05="id_subj=@03"
opt06="sleep=240"
opt08="server_port=110"
opt09="user_name=africa"

[from01]
from="cc2_email.ini"
sec="email#"
opt01="id_num=@"
opt02="id_size=@"
opt03="id_to=@"
opt04="id_from=@05"
opt05="id_subj=@06"
opt06="sleep=240"
opt08="server_port=110"
opt09="user_name=fred"

[from02]
from="cc2_email.ini"
sec="email#"
opt01="id_num=@"
opt02="id_size=@"
opt03="id_to=@"
opt04="id_from=@08"
opt05="id_subj=@09"
opt06="sleep=240"
opt07="server_addr=my.mail3.co.us"
opt08="server_port=110"
opt09="user_name=mellow"

Attachments

Last edited:

reider

Big Four Emails 634 is for those of us who have four email accounts and wish to recieve email arrival information for all accounts on the 634 module.

If you use notepad to carefully change the sections in bold text as marked below, it will after adding the screen allow this feature to work. Think of the 'from00' section as one of your email accounts, 'from01' as your second email account, 'from02' as your third account and 'from03' as your forth and final account.

NOTE:

Thus, if four accounts then fill in the details for all manually in the correct place. Save the screen and load it to the 634 module. Restart the module and away you go. If you`re set up for 'send straightaway' in your email accounts then you can test this feature by sending test messages with different subjects from each of the accounts.

Steve

[from00]
from="cc2_email.ini"
sec="email#"
opt01="id_num=@"
opt02="id_size=@"
opt03="id_to=@"
opt04="id_from=@02"
opt05="id_subj=@03"
opt06="sleep=240"
opt08="server_port=110"
opt09="user_name=africa"

[from01]
from="cc2_email.ini"
sec="email#"
opt01="id_num=@"
opt02="id_size=@"
opt03="id_to=@"
opt04="id_from=@05"
opt05="id_subj=@06"
opt06="sleep=240"
opt08="server_port=110"
opt09="user_name=fred"

[from02]
from="cc2_email.ini"
sec="email#"
opt01="id_num=@"
opt02="id_size=@"
opt03="id_to=@"
opt04="id_from=@08"
opt05="id_subj=@09"
opt06="sleep=240"
opt07="server_addr=my.mail3.co.us"
opt08="server_port=110"
opt09="user_name=mellow"

[from03]
from="cc2_email.ini"
sec="email#"
opt01="id_num=@"
opt02="id_size=@"
opt03="id_to=@"
opt04="id_from=@11"
opt05="id_subj=@12"
opt06="sleep=240"
opt07="server_addr=my.mail4.co.fr"
opt08="server_port=110"
opt09="user_name=franc"

Attachments

Last edited:

reider

It has been sheer fun editing and adding these email screens for you. If anyone wishes to use them but is reticent in adjusting the files by hand to suit their email accounts then please do not hesitate in letting me know.

I am sure I could add a routine which would allow a text user box for each entry. The only reason I haven`t done so is using the following as an example.

If someone has four email accounts then this would be 16 text inputs. These text inputs would have to be entered in exactly the right sequence to allow the screen to work correctly. Whereas, the current situation shows the details in a more chronological and ordered sequence. Allowing more time for the user to correctly identify and enter the details.

If you think thats fun, then imagine me having to open extra email accounts on my own domain so I could check these extra features. Then I sent test messages from each, one for each module and screen. Good job my new email accounts are instantaneous (sometimes they`re quicker than that....). Thats how I made sure they work, heh heh! Now I just have to delete the new accounts again! My dog, my son and a magazine picture don`t need them. ;)

If you wish to request this automatic text box feature, then please do so at
Screen Requests:

If on the other hand, you would like to make a comment on this multi email feature then please do so here. All feedback is important to us.

Steve

Last edited: