Monitor Motherboard

corymcnutt

I just built a new computer (first time) and installed the 634, as instructed. I am trying to add a screen to monitor the temperatures inside the case & motherboard. Whenever I click on the "MOTHERBOARD" option, instead of listing my choices, it tells me "...It's not running". What am I doing wrong? Thanks and please speak in "simple" terms!
Looking for additional LCD resources? Check out our LCD blog for the latest developments in LCD technology.

corymcnutt

Thanks...it worked, sort of. The CPU speed and voltages will list OK, but when I try and add the "Temperature" or "Fan Speeds" I get a CF error message. Any thoughts?

Joaquin

Have you setup your options MBM? CF will extract from and list whatever you have setup in MBM. I've learned by experience that it can get kind tricky. So, make sure you start working with the info source first.

corymcnutt

:eek: Thanks for the reply...I understand what you are saying and it makes sense...BUT, are there any instructions on working with MBM? I cannot figure out how to confirgure it. I would like to get the temperatures. I didn't do anything and the speed and voltage showed up. Cory

Joaquin

I had some of the same troubles when I was first trying to bring it up and online. The CPU Speed and Voltages are pretty standard and MBM will match them them up naturally with the actual components. CF will do the same when searching the monitored devices in MBM. On the fans however, I had to first tell MBM what is what. When you are at the Fans section of the Settings section in MBM, you'll notice some drop down boxes to the right of the window. If you do not see them right away, click on the button in the MBM window that says "Visual." MBM has its default listings like Fan1, Fan2, etc... What you'll have to do is tell MBM which of those listings (Fan1, Fan2, etc...) correspond to the Fans that are actually monitored by your motherboard.

For example, I have an ASUS mobo. In MBM it will list Fan1 and under the Fan1 drop-down, you'll see another drop-down box. From that list I had to select ASUS-1 (which was my CPU HSF) and click apply) Fan1 in MBM was then reading ASUS-1 (A.K.A. CPU HSF). I had to do that for each of my fans monitored by the mobo.

Hope this helps...good luck

GrendelPrime

Similar problem to corymcnutt's.

I have Motherboard Monitor and CrystalControl installed.
I can read temperatures, voltages, and fan speeds through MBM easily enough, but CC tells me that MM ...Is Not Running.

Is there a more recent version of MM or CC I need to upgrade to?

P3 1GHz w/ 512 PC133
Asus CUV4X-C Motherboard
Windows XP Pro SP1
Motherboard Monitor 5.1.0.2
CrystalControl ver. 0.99