Making 632 USB As Slim As Possible?

mezz4

Hello,
I would like to attempt to mount the 632 USB LCD in the door of my Antec SX1040B Case. Only thing is I'm afraid the module may be too thick. So I was wondering if anyone knows of anyone else doing this? And if anything could be removed and relocated on the LCD. Such as removing the serial connector on the LCD since the USB connections will be utilized.

Thanks,
John
Looking for additional LCD resources? Check out our LCD blog for the latest developments in LCD technology.

mezz4

Also does anyone know the length of the cable to connect the USB LCD directly to the motherboard. I see a measurement of 2mm listed on the website but I highly doubt that is correct. :)

Thanks again,
John

USB LCD Displays - Graphic and Character LCDs with a Keypad

CF Tech

Administrator
The WUSBY11 is 18" long (the 2mm is the pin spacing of the LCD's USB connector).

About the thinnest you can make a CFA-632 with the connector still on is 20mm. You can only reduce it to about 18mm by removing the connector (there are other components that keep it from getting any thinner).

mezz4

thanks for the quick reply! after some measuring i think it should fit so I've ordered a 632. Hopefully everything goes as planned! :D

Thanks!
John