looking.. looking.. still looking...

TacoMan

hey.. im looking for some cool efects software for lcd screens, but like a screen saver for lcds.. for when im not actualy using it for a paticular pourpose.. i'm a lanner that just recently got a 632... i use it for hardware monitoring and game server stats.. but its mainly there for looks.. so please, could somone help me out?
Looking for additional LCD resources? Check out our LCD blog for the latest developments in LCD technology.

timid1

TacoMan said:
i take it noone does.. well i hope its developed here
I don't think that this will ever be a possibility given the resolution of the 632, 633, and 634. I think that there might be a larger possibility for the graphic LCDs.

Draw6

A good lcd program would take into account the limitations or the 63x units and offer at least a "Night Rider" bouncing block to draw attention to the unit say perhaps when a temp reached a peak or email came in.

Animating these things is not rocket science.

timid1

Draw6 said:
A good lcd program would take into account the limitations or the 63x units and offer at least a "Night Rider" bouncing block to draw attention to the unit say perhaps when a temp reached a peak or email came in.

Animating these things is not rocket science.
I whole heartedly (and respectfully) disagree with you with you on that matter, Draw6. Animation isn't that simple with the 63x series (or graphic LCDs for that matter). There's a LOT that the programmer needs to take into consideration. I'm a Computer Science major and I swear to GOD that you couldn't pay me enough to add such a feature.

Your idea is good, but once again: I HIGHLY doubt that it will EVER be a part of the CrystalControl software. I hope that the moderator will jump in and back me up on this one.

CF Mark

Administrator
timid1 said:
Your idea is good, but once again: I HIGHLY doubt that it will EVER be a part of the CrystalControl software. I hope that the moderator will jump in and back me up on this one.
The current CrystalControl cant do it due to the complete lack of custom char support.
But CrystalControl V2 should be able to handle it.

Its no more difficult to do animations (limited of course due to the 8 chars) on the 632/634 than on any HD44780 LCD (which the 633 is BTW).