Log verbosity

bot

so i did a few quick searches and could not find anything related

is there any way to adjust the verbosity of the log file?
i am measuring and recording some temperature values but in the log file it records for all 32 possible sensors and fan even thou i only use 2 sensors
is it possible to only log what actually has values?
Looking for additional LCD resources? Check out our LCD blog for the latest developments in LCD technology.

CF Mark

Administrator
Sorry for the delay.

No its not possible im afraid.
The current format is used as its easily processed by other software.

bot

oh man
any idea if this will be addressed in the future?
is that in the plan/ works at all?

CF Mark

Administrator
Ill add it to the todo list, but honestly I doubt itll be done :(

Exactly why would you like it like that?
You are the only person thats ever asked for it...

bot

well i am using the csv in reviews i create as some side data .. ambient temp to be exact.
i like to crop down the files to only contain the data that i need and is relevant. right now the csv shows temp results from 30 other possible temp sensors and fans that are non applicable.
to streamline the workflow i was hoping to be able to cut out the time spend on removing the unused data fields in the csv

another question, is there a way to save to xml instead of csv?

CF Mark

Administrator
Ah i see.
I laid out both history and stats files so they could be read and filtered pretty easily by other software.
A regex lib & script would take care of it very easily.

Nope sorry, no XML option.

bot

yea that would work.
thou, i found that with office 2010 at least, excel can retrieve data from a relative path. so i can just throw the files in the same folder and viola.
it does not work smoothly with csv thou, that why i asked about xml support but that can also be easily converted and automated
:cool:
thanks for all the info thou and keep me update if you can if there should be any changes :p