LCD Weather Software

akweb

Does anyone have any interest in a program that receives live weather data and displays it on an LCD?
Looking for additional LCD resources? Check out our LCD blog for the latest developments in LCD technology.

akweb

This software only works initially with parallel port based HD44780 displays, and just scrolls the conditions. So far, has been tested with 16x2 display.

akweb

Basically it's going to be a program that is compatible only with parallel-based character LCDs. While it's designed for 16x2 sized displays it should work with about any size, although the text consists of only two lines. It can be minimized to your tray and runs in the background. It grabs realtime weather data and displays it on the LCD.

akweb

Third party weather software

If people are interested, I could write an app that would retrieve weather information into a file which can then be read into most LCD software that can read in text files, etc (LCD Smartie can).

It's basically a separate app that runs in the tray and constantly updates a text file with current weather data, etc.

If anyone is interested, let me know.

-AK

akweb

Weather display on CFA-631

I'm working on a new weather program that will display data on a CFA-631. It might also work with the other 63x displays, I just don't have any here to test with. If anyone is interested in this, let me know.

Thanks,

-AK

akweb

Thanks! Just trying to provide useful programs for various displays. Will be having some updates to some of the weather programs soon.

flip360shep

It doesn't work for me. I installed the one specifically for the 634, and I installed the drivers that came with it. I clicked on the application and it won't start up. It says that "Current MSINET.OCX or one of it's dependencies not correctly registered: a file is missing or invalid"

???? Can someone help me out here?