LCD Proc

diwana

hi

I am really new to both linux and LCDs...i've been doing some research, and supposedly LCD proc is the best to be running my LCD (crystalfontz 634 USB). i was hoping if anyone could point me to a beginners guide to using LCD Proc. any help would be appreciated.

thanks
Looking for additional LCD resources? Check out our LCD blog for the latest developments in LCD technology.

bakerkj

Has anyone successfully used the crystalfontz 634USB with lcdproc? I am trying to use the latest lcdproc 0.4.4 from Dec 1 2003 and it is locking up writing to the device shortly after it initializes the screen.

Any ideas?

deepspace

same here

I just got the Dislplay, USB 634 V2.2. Hooked it up, compiled some extra USB serial **** in my kernel (2.4.23) and started..

The LCD is recognised als /dev/usb/tts/0 . So installed LCDproc. It itnitialises the display, but then nothing happens anymore :(. I tried 4.3, and the lastest 4.4 from CVS.. Seems that more people have problems like this one...

A frew guys at the LCDproc forum have the same problem. I turn out te be very strange, since acces via minicom seems te work just fine..

Last edited: