LCD Panel Button Configuration

kwilhite

I need to figure out how to make the buttons on the front of this thing function. I would like to use them to navigate through menus and switch screens. Any suggestions would be much appreciated. Happy holidays!
Looking for additional LCD resources? Check out our LCD blog for the latest developments in LCD technology.

kwilhite

Here is what my intentions are for this unit. Your link showed me how to flip through the screens up and down, but what about left and right?

jc634

Administrator
Actually, everything you need is described there. What you want to do would require ALOT of specific module/screen commands to tell CC2 what you want to do.

For example, use the tick button to go to Submenu 1, the X button to go to Submenu 2. Once in a submenu, you could add specific commands to scroll thru a sub-submenus, etc.

It would take a bit of work, experimentation, upfront planning (which you seem to have;) ) to get what you want, but it is doable.

It is simply that what you want is quite sophisticated, and you have to be very specific to tell CC2 what you want. Once you have the screem files/button commands added to CC2, any changes to the screens may effect the button commands. For example, a command may tell CC2 to go to screen 5 (1 of your submenus). If you move a new screen to spot 4, the old screen 5 becomes screen 6, which would require a rewrite of all the button commands.

If you make the screens, it may be possible that I could help you with some of the programming. I would need you to upload the ini files, and I could take a shot at it...

Jim

kwilhite

Actually, everything you need is described there. What you want to do would require ALOT of specific module/screen commands to tell CC2 what you want to do.

For example, use the tick button to go to Submenu 1, the X button to go to Submenu 2. Once in a submenu, you could add specific commands to scroll thru a sub-submenus, etc.

It would take a bit of work, experimentation, upfront planning (which you seem to have;) ) to get what you want, but it is doable.

It is simply that what you want is quite sophisticated, and you have to be very specific to tell CC2 what you want. Once you have the screem files/button commands added to CC2, any changes to the screens may effect the button commands. For example, a command may tell CC2 to go to screen 5 (1 of your submenus). If you move a new screen to spot 4, the old screen 5 becomes screen 6, which would require a rewrite of all the button commands.

If you make the screens, it may be possible that I could help you with some of the programming. I would need you to upload the ini files, and I could take a shot at it...

Jim
Awesome. I'll go ahead and get the screens ready to the best of my ability. :D

jc634

Administrator
BTW, I envision:

- Tick to go up thru submenus
- X to down thru submenus
- left/right to scroll thru specific sub-sub menus
- up/down, any requests?;)

Or you let me know...

Also, it would be best to not have the module auto-scroll thru screens. It would upset the "natural" balance of things....:D

I'm not sure how deep the menu nesting would complicate things, but we will see. Also, it's been awhile since I've actually done much button programming. I try to keep my stuff more simple than yours!:) I just hope I don't come up against a limitation of what can be reasonably done in CC2.

Jim

kwilhite

BTW, I envision:

- Tick to go up thru submenus
- X to down thru submenus
- left/right to scroll thru specific sub-sub menus
- up/down, any requests?;)

I just hope I don't come up against a limitation of what can be reasonably done in CC2.

Jim
That is exactly what I am going for here. I, too, hope we don't meet limitations of CC2 on this... it's kinda my bread and butter at work right now and I'd hate to tell my boss "I can't do it."