jalcds=best software around

ac1

Hi,

u should all checkout jalcds. I think its really the best software
now for crystalfonts displays coz the latest beta now has native support for serial displays!

just follow that 2 links and get jalcds 3.02 and the latest beta update to 3.1beta:

http://www.jalcds.de/category.php?id=jalcds
http://www.jalcds.de/board/thread.p...tyleid=1&sid=55e91f144ef8f46e81310cc618fda8f7

jalcds is freeware, supports 4 languages and dont even need lcdriver or something. It has so many nice features i cant list them here but f.e. there are big graphical fullscreen clocks, bargraphs, transition effects, mbm5 support, free harddisk space etc (also in win2000 there the cc coder stated it isnt possible), winamp support, and and ..

So if u own a serial cf display my suggestion is u should forget about lcdmax (i really cant believe the coder wants money for his small featured cr** program) or any other software. Just get jalcds and checkout all the features ..

btw: well i know u will like jalcds very much and if u check the homepage or download page there are even 20+ free easy to use addons for jalcds, f.e. support for zoomplayer, edonkey, nero, icq and others .. so have fun :)

Regards
AC
Looking for additional LCD resources? Check out our LCD blog for the latest developments in LCD technology.

Sodium100

Really a great program: like 1458 Posts in "bugs and problems" in the jalcd support forum.

And the configuration needed is really state-of-the-art:

$lightoffif:$mail1§:<<:1§$char:full§$char:half_up§$char:half_up§$char:full§ $char:full§$char:half_up§$char:half_up§$char:full§ $char:full§$char:half_up§$char:half_up§$char:full§
$char:full§$char:half_down§$char:half_down§$char:half_down§ $char:full§ $char:full§ $char:full§$char:half_down§$char:half_down§$char:full§ DIZZ
$char:half_up§$char:half_up§$char:half_up§$char:full§ $char:full§ $char:full§

Fraggle

Sodium100 said:
Really a great program: like 1458 Posts in "bugs and problems" in the jalcd support forum.
At least they talk about the bugs and try to fix them... And yes, there are lots of them, but it's the most powerful lcd software around with hundreds of features. :cool:

And the configuration needed is really state-of-the-art:

$lightoffif:$mail1§:<<:1§$char:full§$char:half_up§$char:half_up§$char:full§ $char:full§$char:half_up§$char:half_up§$char:full§ $char:full§$char:half_up§$char:half_up§$char:full§
$char:full§$char:half_down§$char:half_down§$char:half_down§ $char:full§ $char:full§ $char:full§$char:half_down§$char:half_down§$char:full§ DIZZ
$char:half_up§$char:half_up§$char:half_up§$char:full§ $char:full§ $char:full§
So, you didn't get the concept? :rolleyes: :D

Well, that's some kind of a scripting language which lets you do quite amazing things. If you want just the basic stuff you don't need extreme coding like that... :eek:

PaNiC

No i dind't get the concept... I'm in no way a programmer. But can you give an example of things you can do in Jalcd that you can't do in CrystalControl?

ac1

PaNiC said:
No i dind't get the concept... I'm in no way a programmer. But can you give an example of things you can do in Jalcd that you can't do in CrystalControl?
u cant really compare both programs. CC is just a basic program with very limited commands. well the best thing is to try the software yourself. In Jalcds there is not only that nice effects between screens, play your own animations chars etc. With that scripting language in jalcds u almost can do everything u want.

here are some examples i actually did with jalcds:

u can define up to 9 email accounts and show the incoming mails on a screen. There is a playif command so it will play some wav file if there is incoming mail.

with the bar command u can define a graphic bar whereever u want and almost from any input. f.e.
$bar:2:4:12:0:$drivecfree§:$drivectotal§§ fixend:$drivecfree§§

this command will write a bar in line2 beginning at position4 with lenght12 and will show free hdd space on harddisk C: that parameter 0 defines the minimum of the bar, in this case 0MB
and u also will notice the fixend command that is very useful coz u often have parameters that may change in lenght. With that fixend command u dont have to care bout that. In that example it will always write the free space drive C (in MB or GB) at end of Line 2.

there are also mathematical and logical functions u can use in jalcds. With the if command u can jump to other screens. So f.e.
your cpu temperature get very hot like over 75 degree it can jump
for that condition to some other screen and the lcd will write that its better to shut down now ..

hehe so if u get the concept once its easy to use also for non programmers/coders and there is really no limitation how to use your lcd with jalcds.

Regards
AC

Americanfreak

well i dont think that its the BEST but it sure has some REALLY neat effects. How you can have different fade in/fade out screens,
graphbars,flashing text and other thing you can set up.

did you try that char-file editor? you can make your own moving icons.......that i like!!

only the beta ver. of jaLCDs works with CF LCD......

Sodium100

well there are lots of different lcd programs, they are all pretty similar.

i think the most user-friendly software will do the race

and LCDMax has a unlimited number of email accounts it can check, and it also has those effects like shutter, wipe, wash, matrix, laser and so on and on.....

ac1

Sodium100 said:
well there are lots of different lcd programs, they are all pretty similar.
i think the most user-friendly software will do the race
and LCDMax has a unlimited number of email accounts it can check, and it also has those effects like shutter, wipe, wash, matrix, laser and so on and on.....

and where are all those programs similar to jalcds?
why cant u give any d/l link? i guess there is none..

well i think there is nothing even close to jalcds. Im sure the most flexible program will be the best. What good is user-friendly program for if it only can show 1 parameter per line like lcdmax?

ok maybe u talking bout an unfinished and not downloadable beta version. But even the documentation for that beta says only 4 parameters per line. In jalcds that for example is unlimited.

Jalcds is freeware and latest beta is available for the public.
Hmm and how many ppl u know who need to check more than 10 email accounts? I have 5, i think that is already more than usual and if ppl would ask for 15, 25 or more would be easy to add that in jalcds next version.
So u better stop to compare apples with pears here :)

Regards
AC

ac1

CF Tech said:
Does jaLCD support the CF serial displays, or only HD44780 displays?
yes there is native support for serial crystalfontz displays!
i got a serial CF 634 negative 4x20 Display and it works **** good here with windows 2000 and xp ..

what u need is jalcds 3.02 and the beta update to 3.1 and maybe also that port driver i mentioned before. Please read my initial msgs in this threat ..

I would also like u to mention jalcds as recommended software on crystalfontz homepage if possible :) I know many people own serial CF displays and looking all the time for good and reliable software. I did the same and found jalcds.

If u need any further information or example configs etc u can email me any time or checkout jalcds homepage and the forum there.

Regards
AC

Americanfreak

like i said i love all the effects that it can do and have set up about 22 screens so far with the program. the only thing i dont like about it right now is i dont understand some of the setup stuff. I just figured out how to add the bargraphs to all my drives.
Looks sweet.

The documentation is a little lacks. but if i work with it some more i'm sure i can really enjoy it. it does just about everything i want a LCD program to do.
Right now i switch back and forth with CC an jaLCDs.

it sounds like I have the same setup as ac1
4x20
Win2k
works good!

Last edited: