Installing 634 USB

mcarruth

I have a USB 634, I am running XP pro on a Dell 8100. I have a USB to serial connection but the end is male, so I have a female to female serial cable attached to the LCD module to allow it to connect to USB. The OS recognizes that the module but does not allow me to select which drivers are installed... It shows up in device manger as HID-compliant and USB Human Interface Device. I've read that it is supposed to create a virtual com port but this is not happening. The test is indicating that it is working but I get no display at all. Thanks,
Looking for additional LCD resources? Check out our LCD blog for the latest developments in LCD technology.

PlasmaFire

You need to install the drivers for the USB to Serial adapter first. They should have come with the device, on a mini cd.

Do not install the LCD to the adapter before you install the USB drivers. Let windows install the adapter, then install your LCD

Last edited:
USB LCD Displays - Graphic and Character LCDs with a Keypad

mcarruth

I installed unistalled/reinstalled the usb drivers and reconnected the the adapter to the usb port. Windows found the drivers for the usb to serial adapter and installed them. I then plugged in the display. No output from the display. When the serial adapter is installing I don't beleive it is loading the correct drivers. It will load the same xp drivers wheter or not the crystal font drivers are installed or not. When trying to update the drivers xp states that it cannot find a better update for the hardware than the software currently installed, even though I specifically directed it to the usb drivers folder. Does anyone think the unit might be dead?