If I have, say, a 2x20 LCD will it work with most software?

wondarbread

Because every tutorial I've seen for hooking up an LCD wants a 4x20 which I simply don't have the space for, and I was considering a 2x20.
Will it work with all the fancy software or will I need to write my own?
I'm a C++ developer and I've seen the driver packages and they are well documented, but I'd rather refrain from making my own software if it's possible :)
Looking for additional LCD resources? Check out our LCD blog for the latest developments in LCD technology.

spock

Sure

Yes, it will. You can select from a wide range of software, from CrystalControl, LCDstudio, smartie, JaLCD and more...!

timid1

wondarbread said:
Because every tutorial I've seen for hooking up an LCD wants a 4x20 which I simply don't have the space for, and I was considering a 2x20.
Will it work with all the fancy software or will I need to write my own?
I'm a C++ developer and I've seen the driver packages and they are well documented, but I'd rather refrain from making my own software if it's possible :)
I'd say that you haven't given us enough information. If you tell us what controller your LCD uses, then maybe we can answer your question better.

mad3st

I did not want to post new topic...
But it seemed to be similar problem so...

CF (CrystalFontz) software has only selections for 2*16 and 4*20 no option for 2*20 panel

i have cd5220 panel something that looks like this Image