I'd appreciate some help here w/ the new CC2...

Aymincendiary

I just installed the CC2 new version and am using a CFA-635 display.

I got it to echo to the screen one time. However, i had to do a reinstall of Server 2003 and just can't seem to get this thing to get going again.

The device is on COM3, the serial Port is on COM1. I installed CC2 and restarted the computer, configured it to my device, selected a screen, restarted CC2... but nothing is sending to the screen.

On the surface everything looks fine; no error messages in Device Manager, or any problems displaying in CC@ - but it just won't echo a display to the screen.

The screen has the basic bootup screen from Crystal Fontz, I got it to work once before so I know that's not defective, Please reiterate the process for me in print so I can see what I missed. I don't know what I'm doing differently here as to why it won't display.

Thanks!

Chris
Looking for additional LCD resources? Check out our LCD blog for the latest developments in LCD technology.

jc634

Administrator
1st, lets rule out a HW problem. Stop CC2 and fire up your WinTest (I see you have done this previously). Just want to make sure nothing has gone South.

OK?

Then we can go from there.

Aymincendiary

You've got to love this stuff...

Appreciate the help.

WinTest sends to screen fine. Just in case, I reloaded trhe drivers for the USB and the serial port. Serial port is on COM1, USB is on COM3. Don't these both share IRQ 4?

I think there's an IRQ problem here, I may have to go into Device Manager and set them up manually.

Okay, I reinstalled CC2, added the CFA-635 module, tried running it at 115200 and 19200 on COM1.

Then I added the screen CPU+HDD Histogram as my Starting Screen. I restrted CC2 and according to the software, evrything is fine... but still no display. Nothing goes to the screen; I can't vary the contrast, brightness... as far as concerned the display doesn't know CC2 is even there.

Get back to me if I have an IRQ conflict and need to set these up manually.

Thanks!

Chris

jc634

Administrator
CFA-635 = 115200. Make sure CC2 is set to communicate at this rate. If set to 19200, you will almost definetly NOT see any data. I've had this problem with CFA-633's, which CC2 currently defaults to 115200. You have to force it to 19200 for it to work.

I've not heard of any IRQ conflicts regarding CC2. Usually, it OK for most HW if it has a shared IRQ. Unless it is a Creative sound card...

I am slightly confused: COM1 or COM3? Should not be set at COM1, since I assume you have a physical serial port. You can go into Device Manager and change it to anything you want, except I would not choose COM1...

Verify/change what you can. From there, it is a case of uploading your ini files. This will be what CCadmin would need to debug. I can look at to see if anything jumps out, but he would be one to understand the obscure messages...:)

Aymincendiary

I'll set it up on com3 manually. It defaults to com1.

Whatever I do to get it to work I'll make a file in Word Pad for future reference. Combined with education if you pore over it long enough most mysteries will be solved.

Thanks!

Chris