how to customize keypad with 20060226 build?

ehall

I am trying to test if screen jumping works in 20060226 build, but it appears that the auto-creation of the ini files causes the customizations to get nuked.

For example, if I try to change the dkc_disable=0 to dkc_disable=1, the next time the service is started the dkc_disable entry is recreated in its default form and my customization is obliterated. Similarly, the global [m00-eventNN] entries in the cc2_service.ini get nuked everytime the service restarts.

When I try to add these things to the lcd_635.ini file it is either ignored (the dkc_disable=1 setting) or deleted from the lcd control file (the [event00] sections) whenever the layout is rebuilt.

How am I supposed to do the keypad stuff with this build?

Thanks
Looking for additional LCD resources? Check out our LCD blog for the latest developments in LCD technology.

jc634

Administrator
Shuting down the service from the tray icon does not kill the service. You have to kill the service, easiest way by <Ctrl><Alt><Del> to get to the task manager. Once done, you can edit the service.ini file.

Otherwise, all edits get lost when you restart the service, because CC2 overwrites your saved edits with a version it has saved in memory.

Jim

ehall

Looks like I have to stop using the config applet entirely.

If I add a screen and restart the service using the config applet, then the event entries and the dck_disabled=1 setting get wiped.

If I edit the file and manipulate the service directly, the settings stick.

Not able to make it actually work yet but I'm at least able to break it now.

jc634

Administrator
ehall said:
Looks like I have to stop using the config applet entirely.

If I add a screen and restart the service using the config applet, then the event entries and the dck_disabled=1 setting get wiped.

You only have to do the dck_disabled=1 once. Then it will there forever. The same with any button commands you have previously added.

Only when add a screen you want to add new commands to.

CF Mark

Administrator
ehall said:
Ah, yes.

If you edit the INI files manually while the config app is running, then use the config app itll overwrite your changes.

Best thing to do if you make manual changes is to close the config app, then run it again.