Help with sceens

darrin

Hi I just got my 634 and need help with screens. I have speedfan up an runnig with good info, I can get some info to sceen but not all. This is what I would like cpu speed with time and date, next fan speed for fan 4,5,6 next temp for 1,2, HD1, HD2 next volts for vcore 1, +3.3v, +5v,+12v also how do I get the weather progrm to display on lcd? Thank you so much!!!

Darrin
Looking for additional LCD resources? Check out our LCD blog for the latest developments in LCD technology.

reider

darrin said:
Hi I just got my 634 and need help with screens. I have speedfan up an runnig with good info, I can get some info to sceen but not all. This is what I would like cpu speed with time and date, next fan speed for fan 4,5,6 next temp for 1,2, HD1, HD2 next volts for vcore 1, +3.3v, +5v,+12v also how do I get the weather progrm to display on lcd? Thank you so much!!!

Darrin
You need about three custom screens making up to suit. Leave it with me and I`ll produce them. The voltage one may cause problems so we`ll leave it out of the equation temporarily (EDIT: voltage now done). I need to create a backup, because I`m using a very different setup to everyone else and cannot do normal screen additions at the moment.

The weather query should be answered by downloading the .dll file and extracting it to the required folder. Download the supplied screen and install it. Restart CC2 and open the screen. This was from memory but gives you something to play with for now. If this doesn`t work then check back here, hopefully someone will reply whilst I do the screens.

Steve

Last edited:

reider

Sorry about the delay, I think I have what you need now. Except, when you say CPU Speed I think you meant CPU Usage as everything you requested seems to be off the front screen from Speedfan. I can`t find any settings to link to for speed, so I`ve done 'usage' instead.

I have done.....

(1) cpu usage with time and date,

(2) fan speed for fans 4,5,6

(3) temps for 1,2, HD1, HD2

(4) next, volts for vcore 1, +3.3v, +5v,+12v

PLEASE NOTE:
Temps and Fans have 32 allowable ID`s each, where one ID may be 0165725935-for example. Therefore only an educated guess is used to find the correct ones. Bearing in mind most of us do not have fans 4,5 and 6 to physically test on. So we have the blind leading the blind, throwing the stick away and sacking off the poor old guide dog ;)

To compound the issue we are now working about three steps in front of most users, do not install screens quite the same way and no longer use the same codes for text centralisation etc..... Very often we shut our eyes and just guess.
Thus, most should work but don`t worry if we need to fine tune it all just a little bit. :D

Steve

Last edited:

darrin

Thank you reider

Thanks for all your work on my screens, there are some bad readings Ill see if I can get them going on my own other wise ill ask for help again. Thanks again.

Darrin

reider

If it helps......

If voltage problems then try fans 1-4 and 5-8 in the CC2 Speedfan folder. Note which ID numbers give the correct readings and which order.

If temp/HD readings, then use my 1-32 test utility which does 'x' amount of temp numbers at a time untill all have been tested. Usually, the first two test routines will supply the required result. Write down the ID numbers used and the order.

CPU Usage and time should be aok.

Now, its just a simple job of transferring the correct IDs and order into the correct screens and places. It is when you can actually see the results anyway ;)

Temp Test

Steve

Last edited:

darrin

I finally got everything going except the fans. Fan 4 shows up but 5,6 just say E01. Do you have a list of fan IDs? I think I can fix it if I have those. Thanks again for the help.

Darrin

reider

darrin said:
I finally got everything going except the fans. Fan 4 shows up but 5,6 just say E01. Do you have a list of fan IDs? I think I can fix it if I have those. Thanks again for the help.

Darrin
Nope, don`t have anything resembling that on my spare parts shelf. So I`m making one now..... be back when its done.

Steve

reider

OK, hot off the press we have 32 test IDs for all 32 RPMs. Bit of overkill but for you and others it means you can get right in there and find all the working ones for your systems. Something we can only do 'blindly' because we don`t have the same fans or configurations.

For those of you new to all this you must have the fans showing, configured and working in Speedfan first. These are test screens only, not for everyday use. Though feel free to convert and use as you may wish.

32 Test RPM Ids

Steve

NOTE: Darrin, please note I have posted a copy of your request in 'user requests' within CC2 so others know help is available.

Steve

Last edited:

darrin

I finally got it all working and it looks and works great! The program you gave me for fans 4,5,6 I had to change the lines were it said opt4=fan4 opt5=fan5 opt6=fan6 to opt1=fan4 opt2= fan5 opt3=fan6. I only have 3 fans but smartfan sees them as 4,5,6. Now if I can only figure out why my case fans continue to run in standby mode after I installed my LCD drivers from crystalfontz:confused: See my post under cc2 program. Thanks again

Darrin

reider

This is very often the case with the screens, they need customising to suit but form a good base for most users. Well, your shipping order of screens is now complete ;)

I wish you the very best of luck in getting the other problem sorted. I will have a look from this end and try to discover the reason. If anything comes to light I`ll message you.

EDIT: Though probably not the answer, two items spring to mind on an initial search for this problem.

(1) the fans will continue to run for a short while until the temperature has reached set limits, the temperature does not just hit the correct level instantly.

(2) Sometimes, due to power fluctuations the bios defaults to S1 state instead of S3 (suspend to RAM). This would make the fans continue turning.

To fix this problem you will definately need to keep an open mind on the cause as it could be any one of a number of things. Like the car that keeps breaking down, it could be fuel, ignition, electrical fault etc

Steve

Last edited: