Help with 634 power connector unplugged

Muaddib

First of all, excuse my poor english, is not my native language (I'm spanish)

8 months ago I purchased a 634 serial LCD (CFA634-TMC-KS) and worked fine, but in recent days, backlight started to blink and I noticed that there was a bad contact in the connector to power -2 thin wires coming out from lcd panel, one black and the other B/W->white plastic connector->2nd white plastic connector->4 wires to PSU(red-black-black-yellow)...

Well, moving this black&b/w wires in the 1st plastic connector, the light went on and off, but trying to fix it, I unplugged the B and B/W wires and now I don't know the order to plug it again. (see "image")

That's the reason of my asking for help.
Please, could you tell me the order to plug all again? (I tried once thinking "I remember the order" and my computer was reseted... Shortcircuit?)

Thanks in advance,
Looking for additional LCD resources? Check out our LCD blog for the latest developments in LCD technology.

Attachments

Last edited:

CF Tech

Administrator
For your diagram, the "black" on the LCD module should go to ground (also "black" on the floppy connector).

The "B/W" on the LCD module would go to +5v ("red" on the floppy connector).

Muaddib

Thx but...

Thx for your fast answer, but... still no-backlight.

Maybe the backlight is down (dead) if I plugged by mistake in yellow and black? I think this caused the PC's reset...

If not, maybe there are a bad connection of one of the very little-little-little cupper wires inside the silver plugs with this silver plugs?

:( :confused:

Thx again.

**UPDATED**
I just found that yellow wire has +12v...
Maybe backlight is dead...
:eek:
Should I keep on trying to get light on? or better call priest and order a GOOD burial?

Last edited:
USB LCD Displays - Graphic and Character LCDs with a Keypad

-strict-

I think i have the same problem. The display works without a backlight.. i had gotten the wide voltage model so i thought 12v should be ok. but when i plug power in for the backlight the contrast goes totally black and the backlight lights up a little. any idea what that could be or is something just fried a little?

-strict-

634, got it a while ago, been using it ever since. I may be confused as i have a few different screens... but i do think the backlights fried. :(

CF Tech

Administrator
Just give returns(at)crystalfontz(dot)com an e-mail, please include your invoice number & full contact information.