Help setting up 635 computer power on

Tim118

I have a 635 that I was using in a computer. I had it wired to to turn the computer on and it was working ok. Moved it to a new computer and it did not work.
In wintest it says that GPIO2 is set to ATX default (hi-z). which appears to put 5volts on the line when pressing the green check button.
I measured my new mother board and it looks like one side of the power switch is +5v all the time and shorts to ground when the power button is pressed.

My question is which setting for GPIO2 would I need to make it pull the motherboard 5v to ground to get the computer to switch on .

Thanks!
Looking for additional LCD resources? Check out our LCD blog for the latest developments in LCD technology.

CF Tech

Administrator
You would need to set the "POWER_INVERT" bit of command 28. This typically means you would send 242 as parameter to command 28, then follow it by a command 4 to save that as default.

Tim118

You would need to set the "POWER_INVERT" bit of command 28. This typically means you would send 242 as parameter to command 28, then follow it by a command 4 to save that as default.
setting that command gives me the same result.
either it is not saving for some reason or.... wouldn't i need the power pin to drive low?
doesn't 242 drive it high?

Tim118

Tried setting this command with wintest. Seems to take but I get the same result. I am pretty sure it is saving because I am able to change the boot up screen.

CF Tech

Administrator
When the CFA-635 is not trying to "press" the power button, the line is "floating".

With that bit one way, the line pulls down.

With that bit one way, the line pulls up.

It might be that you need to move the other pin on the motherboard?

USB LCD Displays - Graphic and Character LCDs with a Keypad

Tim118

When the CFA-635 is not trying to "press" the power button, the line is "floating".

With that bit one way, the line pulls down.

With that bit one way, the line pulls up.

It might be that you need to move the other pin on the motherboard?
I am probably missing something here or the 242 is not saving:
The motherboard has a 2 wire connection. when the computer is off 1 reads +5v the is ground.
the power wire on the 635 reads +5v when the button is pressed.
connecting it to either pin on the motherboard makes no difference.
Does it matter that i'm only using the wire harness, not the scab?